About the Masterclass
A contract is a foundation of a business transaction. It governs transactions worth billions of dollars. Drafting and Negotiating a contract professionally can save numerous types of business-related costs. Legal Professionals are required to be well versed with the drafting techniques and expertise to foresee the risk and handle in the best interest of their organizations.
This RostrumLegal MasterClass is designed to impart skills to effectively negotiate and draft commercial contracts. This course involves a step by step approach wherein the students will be taught from scratch as to how a contract can be created between parties by understanding the techniques of drafting and negotiation.
Schedule: 28 May to 31 May 2020
Mode: Online Video Conferencing
Total Seats: 40
What will you learn?
1. How to Implement Successful Negotiation Strategies?
2. How to Prepare a Negotiation Framework?
3. What are Important type of Commercial Contracts?
4. How to Draft Important Clauses in Commercial Contracts?
This Online Masterclass will comprise of short lectures, group discussions, one on one negotiations exercises, contract drafting exercises and feedback sessions. The workshop will be delivered live via video conferencing. Participants are expected to actively involve in discussions, exercises and feedback sessions. The workshop involves around 15 hours commitments from the participants in 4 days.
Who should enroll?
1. Law Graduates / Law Students.
2. Sales and Marketing Managers.
3. Procurement and Purchasing Mangers.
4. Chartered Accountants / Company Secretaries.
5. In-house Lawyers / Legal Managers.
Day 1 : 28 May 2019 | 10 AM to 1 PM
- Introduction to Negotiation
- Building a Negotiations Framework
- Negotiations Objectives
- Negotiations Strategy
- Short 1 to 1 Negotiation Exercise.
Day 2 : 29 May 2019 | 10 AM to 1 PM
Introduction to Commercial Contracts
- What are Commercial Contracts?
- Important Legal Provisions Governing Commercial Contracts
- Important Types of Commercial Contracts
- Case Study – Reviewing a Commercial Contract
Day 3 : 30 May 2019 | 10 AM to 1 PM
Drafting Clauses in a Commercial Contract
- Understanding the Utility of Clauses in Commercial Contracts
- Drafting Important Clauses (Theory)
- Contract Drafting Exercise – (Reading Assignment)
Day 4 : 31 May 2019 | 10 AM to 1 PM
Contract Drafting & Negotiations Exercise
- Group Negotiation Exercise (Team of 4) (Practicing Negotiation Skills & Negotiation of Contractual Clauses)
- De-briefing and Discussion on Negotiations Exercise
- Group Drafting Exercise ( Team of 4) (Drafting a Commercial Contract Based on the Negotiations)
- Debriefing and Discussion on Drafting Exercise.
Certificate of Participation:
After completion of the workshop, you will receive a certificate of participation from RostrumLegal. Please take a note that 100% attendance and completion of all the in-class exercises is mandatory to be eligible to receive the certificate.
Fees & Registration:
Registration Fee: Rs. 5550 (Five Thousand Five Hundred and Fifty Only).
Last Date to Register: 26 May 2020
Please register and make the online payment to reserve your seat. Payment can be made using UPI, Debit/Credit Cards, Netbanking, and eWallets.
|Introduction to Commercial Contracts|
|Drafting Important Clauses in a Contract|
|Reviewing a Commercial Contract|