For over 200 years, JPMorgan Chase & Co has provided innovative financial solutions for consumers, small businesses, corporations, governments and institutions around the world.
- Reviewing, drafting and advising on various complex legal agreements pertaining to the Funds business of JPMorgan Asset Management such as Distribution Agreements, Platform Agreements, Private Placement Agreements, Portfolio Management and Investment Advisory Agreements, Prospectuses, Investment Terms.
- Assist with negotiating the aforementioned agreements with other leading and reputed investment management firms, banks and financial institutes globally.
- Develop a deep understanding of the JPMorgan Asset Management’s business in the UK and EU and the various products offered by the firm.
- Assist and advising AM Legal and the business side with the regular update and maintenance of various legal templates pertaining to the Funds business of JPMorgan Asset Management, including identifying risks related to AM Business.
- Engage with External Counsel, Compliance, lawyers in the wider Legal Department and other stakeholders to review, source and coordinate legal, regulatory and business feedback where necessary on a variety of legal issues.
- Act as first point of contact in the Legal Department for assistance in advising AM Business on issues in relation to documentations related to Funds.
- Conduct additional legal and market research on strategic and regulatory concerns and assist on special projects as needed.
- Help ensure implementation of AM mandatory onboarding requirements across AM contract population.
- Excellent English writing and communication skills.
- Law degree and membership in jurisdictional organization. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in legal practice.
- Excellent legal research skills. Experience with Westlaw or similar services preferred.
- A team player who can collaborate and communicate effectively with attorneys and other business and compliance professionals.
- Strong analytical thinker who is detail-oriented, practical and skilled at issue spotting and problem solving.
- Self-starter who is able to work collaboratively in a high performing team, takes ownership of responsibilities and projects, is results-oriented and flexible.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work in a fast-paced, complex business environment and maintain communication with attorneys regarding project status and estimated completion timelines.
- Competence with the suite of Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Excel.
- All candidates for roles in the Legal Department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
To apply for this Job : Click Here