Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in more than 41 countries, the Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals. For further information about Morgan Stanley, please visit www.morganstanley.com.
About Technology & Data Legal
- The Technology & Data Legal Group (T&D Legal) is a global group with lawyers based in New York, London and Hong Kong.
- T&D Legal is a group within the Legal and Compliance Division of Morgan Stanley.
- The offshore Legal and Compliance Department in Mumbai is a department of the Legal and Compliance Division and provides support services to onshore lawyers in the Legal and Compliance Division.
- This role will form part of offshore Legal and Compliance Department in Mumbai and also T&D Legal.
- Primary internal stakeholders include attorneys in the T&D Legal team and contract managers in the sourcing team.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a full range of commercial contracts that may include some or all of the following:
- Software Agreements
- Hardware Purchase Agreements
- Multimedia Agreements
- Services Agreements/Engagement Letters
- Training, Events and Sponsorship Agreements
- Termination Letters/Novation
- Legal Research – Conducting legal research and assisting in other ad hoc project work
- Data Privacy – Privacy Impact Assessment , Review/Negotiate Data Privacy Exhibits and handle other miscellaneous tasks
- Assisting in the organization and maintenance of form/template contracts
- Handling large-scale contract remediation and data extraction projects
- Duties such as tracking status of legal matters
- Understanding of legal documents and terminologies
- Basic understanding and exposure to international commercial and technology law and terminologies will be an added advantage
- Should exhibit comfort working with technology and the ability to learn and display proficiency on technical systems and
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel proficiency is required – specific focus on excel macros)
- Knowledge of document automation, contract analysis and other legal tech software an advantage Skills and Qualities:
- Team player who can successfully manage multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to think independently, form opinions and make decisions
- Ability to anticipate ahead of time and escalate issues as appropriate
- Pragmatic and analytical problem solving skills – candidate needs to consistently apply sound judgment
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills ? ability to effectively correspond with various groups and senior professionals over email and the telephone
- Must be able to maintain a high level of organization under pressure
- Successfully meet established deadline requirements ? display efficient time management skills
- Possess the ability to research and resolve issues independently
- Experience in stakeholder management with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with colleagues across regions and Business Units
- Have the ability to effectively handle a fast paced environment
- Ability to identify and recommend process efficiencies
- Attention to detail
- Qualified lawyer LLB (LLM will be an added advantage)
- 3+ years? post qualification experience at a law firm or in-house role in financial services or technology sectors
- Solid track record working in a professional environment
- Candidate with prior legal research/projects/data background is preferred
To apply for this Job : Click Here