Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
- Sanction screening / Fraud / AML screening alert remediation: 80%
- Investigate and assess real-time alerts and post transaction AML and Fraud related alerts along with alerts for potential match with International Sanctions lists, PEP lists and companies’ internal lists.
- Ensure efficient identification of suspicious activities and resolution of AML / Fraud / Sanction screening related alerts.
- Coordinates with Agents/Partners/Clients to conduct necessary due diligence, obtain necessary information, documentary proof and take appropriate action to mitigate potential risks.
- Ensure timely, efficient reporting of suspicious transactions and matches with watchlists as appropriate.
- Coordinate with Senior Compliance Analysts and Regional Compliance Officers on issues and matters of concern related to transactions monitoring / Sanction screening and agents/partners risks.
- Timely execution of queries received from Senior Compliance Analysts and Regional Compliance Officers.
- Maintain a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practice, criminal typologies and developing trends.
- Assist in identifying systemic procedural weaknesses and additional training requirements for the company.
- Assist with money laundering related queries/questionnaires received from Corresponding Banks, Agents or Partners.
- Ensure appropriate record-keeping and other duties as required.
- Subject Matter Expertise and Continuing Education Responsibilities: 10%
- Demonstrate and maintain effective knowledge of simple and complex financial activities, including but not limited to: international money remittance, global markets products and services, corporate and personal transactions.
- Keep abreast of current regulatory developments to ensure the implementation of appropriate AML operational procedures related to sanctions.
- Additional Duties as Assigned and Compliance and Regulatory Responsibilities: 10%
- Assist Transaction monitoring Team leader in ad-hoc requests
Experience, Skills And Qualifications
- Professional experience
- 1-3 years of Transaction Monitoring – investigative or related experience with specific emphasis on Sanction screening / Fraud / AML at a financial institution preferably in International Money Remittance business.
- Educational qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Legal, Business or related field of study.
- AML related professional certifications such as or CAMS are highly desirable.
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent interpersonal abilities including superior oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to handle issues and concerns with tact and diplomacy
- Willing to work on shifting schedule
- Additional language skills – Urdu / Arabic / Bangla / Nepali / Indian regional language is highly desirable
- Technical / AML skills
- Experience reviewing and analyzing international money transfer transaction activity highly desirable
- Knowledge of AML “red flags”, particularly with respect to international money remittance with specific emphasis on Sanctions and fraud prevention is highly desirable.
- Proficient in the application of various automated systems used to monitor transaction activity.
- Understanding of money remittance products and services and how they may be exploited for criminal purposes, including but not limited to money laundering and terrorist financing activities.
To apply for this Job : Click Here