Leading the world in beauty and pioneering the world of beauty tech; we are 86K employees across 150 countries on five continents. Our 36 international brands are divided into four unique Divisions: Luxe, Consumer Products, Active Cosmetics, and Professional Products. Our 36 international brands include Kiehl’s, Lancôme, Giorgio Armani Beauty, Yves Saint Laurent Beauté, Ralph Lauren, Clarisonic, Maybelline New York, Essie, Kérastase, IT Cosmetics, Prada Beauty, Biotherm, Shu Uemura, Viktor&Rolf, Maison Martin Margiela, Urban Decay, Redken, Vichy, La Roche-Posay, Diesel, Garnier, L’Oréal Paris, and more.
- Contributes to the creation and protection of Company’s assets by advising and guiding the company’s internal clients across business divisions i.e. Consumer Product Division , Professional Product Division etc..in all areas of law under the responsibility of the General Counsel.
- Ensures Company’s legal compliance and certainty in regards to its activities, in connection with the developments of the standards in force (legislative, regulatory, jurisprudential, internal, etc.)
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
- Support the business divisions on commercial and contractual matters including contract negotiations as per the Group Policy
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers.
- Review and advice to the Marketing Managers and respective Business Heads management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Formulate compliance check-lists to be used for the purpose of ensuring that all information required is provided accordingly.
- Increase business divisions’ awareness of Group best practices (in particular the Code of Ethics, Fundamentals of Internal Control and the Legal Charter)
- Maintaining sustained contact with regulatory bodies for initiating and follow-ups on legal compliance procedures; especially Legal Metrology Department; Enforcement Departments etc.
ACTS AS A PROACTIVE BUSINESS PARTNER
- Knows brands, products, markets and related issues
- Understands his/her clients’ organizations, roles and processes to act with more efficiency
- Develops proximity with his/her clients to facilitate awareness and appropriate reflexes on legal issues MANAGES LAWS AND NORMS
- Keeps continuously informed of relevant legal evolutions and internal norms to provide his/her clients with relevant advise
- Ensures the right implementation of Law and regulations to secure the business
- Takes part in the development of internal control initiatives, ensuring compliance of operations, making actors aware of points of vigilance
DECODES AND INFLUENCES
- Listens actively and decodes facts/situations to qualify the right diagnosis
- Imagines alternative options/solutions to match business needs
- Clarifies and simplifies concepts to match the point and advise efficiently to facilitate action and decision making
PUTS LEGAL EXPERTISE TO THE SERVICE OF BUSINESS PERFORMANCE
- Takes initiatives to share his/her knowledge with the team/clients
- Treats information as an asset to ensure the creation, conservation and transmission of the L’Oréal know how on legal matters.
- Legal advisory and contracts management (Negotiations, contracts and compliance)- 40%
- Risk management/Compliance Monitoring – 30%
- Litigation/Dispute Resolution support – 20%
- Legal Awareness & Training – 10%
- Internal- Business Managers
- External- Law Firms, Govt. Bodies, Industrial Association
Physical Demands (e.g. % travel): Travel will be need based
Education: A degree in Law from a recognized University
To apply for this Job : Click Here