Tata Play Limited (formerly known as Tata Sky Limited), is a joint venture between Tata Sons Private Limited and TFCF Corporation (formerly known as Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc., and now a part of the Walt Disney Company). Incorporated in 2001 and initiating services in the year 2006, Tata Play is one of India’s leading content distribution platform providing Pay TV and OTT services. Tata Play was one of the first Direct to Home operators to launch customized channel packs & ala-carte channels along with multiple products and platform services that helped redefine content consumption and viewing experience of its subscribers.
- Responsible for end to end closure of all contracts, transactions and documents, including legal strategizing, structuring, advising on risk mitigation, holding independently discussions and negotiation with internal and external stakeholders. Transactions range from content related transactions (linear /nonlinear/digital) to advertising, branding, PR, research, sales, technology and IT.
- Closely work with cross functional teams to understand their needs and assist them in negotiating documents with third party. Cross functional team includes content, finance, procurement team, IT, technology, regulatory team, business development team.
- Provide advisory to business on various legal and commercial topics having impact on the business in order to ensure compliance with applicable laws, minimize company’s exposure to adverse events, support a culture of innovation, and advise on various legal and commercial issues which may have an impact on the business and the business relations of the company.
- Manage the IP portfolio and advise on IP related matters such as patents, trademark, copyright and designs.
- Brief law firms and lawyers for opinions and act as bridge between the company and external lawyers.
- Conduct due diligence of content related documents and real estate documents to check on the title of the owner.
- Manage LPOs, oversee and vet documents shared by them. Be a bridge between the LPO’s and the business team and sort out any difference between them. Holding training and workshops for the LPOs.
- Collation of documents and details to draft responses to communications / notices from service providers and related advisory work.
- Manage, maintain, implement, monitor and improvise the CLM and DMS tool used by the team.
- Render contractual related support to the litigation and regulatory teams.
- Good knowledge of commercial laws, contract law, intellectual property rights, broadcasting and media and content laws, IT and data privacy laws, RBI regulations, and related judicial pronouncements and issues pertaining to distribution of TV channel(s) and content.
To apply for this Job : Click Here