The foundation of The Phoenix Mills Ltd. was laid by the young visionary Mr. Ramnarayan Ruia in the year 1905 when Phoenix commenced operations as a textile manufacturing company.
(List major responsibilities, that you have, to achieve the key objectives)
- Ensures being a part of the front end team while the negotiations with the contractor/vendor and thus get involved in resolution of any disputes/ litigations
- Responsible for devising a list of proactive measures that can be introduced to mitigate legal risks, provide legal advice for policy formulation, install relevant systemic frame work and its maintenance; plan implementation with the leadership team
- Ensure and oversee timely submission of relevant documents and returns to external stakeholders / regulatory authorities and represent the company for resolution of any legal issue or escalation
- Ensure that the project maintains a strong and consistent legal compliance record and it is completed and operated as per statutory/ regulatory norms and contract terms and thereby no penalty clauses are invoked against the Company
- Collate all signed LOIs to prepare a consolidated Deviation Matrix and discuss clause-by-clause with the VP – Leasing, post which only deviations, if any would be allowed to go into the final agreement document
- Ensure the process of lease negotiations with other tenants (inline/vanilla) are carried out by the Sr. Manager / Manager – Legal as per the defined process
- Ensure the registration of the final agreement document is carried out as per statutory guidelines and provide inputs as required
- Ensure effective litigation management of all cases –identification, appointment and management of external litigation partners, filing of cases and monitoring their progress, and provide timely updates to the business leadership
- Ensure safe and custody of all original documents by the corporate/center’s legal teams
- Take care of legacy litigation work in the operational mall related to service tax issue in coordination with the external legal counsel by ensuring all records of dates/appearances are maintained
(i.e education, training etc.)
- Graduate / Post Graduate in Law from a reputed institute with a good academic record.
- Qualified Solicitor(Sr. Lawyer)
To apply for this Job : Click Here