Opening up a world of opportunity for our customers, investors, ourselves and the planet. We’re a financial services organisation that serves more than 40 million customers, ranging from individual savers and investors to some of the world’s biggest companies and governments. Our network covers 64 countries and territories, and we’re here to use our unique expertise, capabilities, breadth and perspectives to open up a world of opportunity for our customers.
Why Join Us:
- Global Legal Services (GLS) provides advice, guidance and support to Global Banking and Markets by negotiating and executing traded master documentation such as the ISDA Master Agreement and Credit Support Annex (foreign exchange and derivatives trading), the Global Master Repurchase Agreement or Master Repurchase Agreement (repo trading) and the Global Master Securities Lending Agreement (securities lending/borrowing) and other industry-standard documentation.
- Ensure that completed documentation provides appropriate credit and legal protection for the Bank.
What You’ll do:
- Have a robust knowledge of traded market master agreement documentation and their underlying products (in particular, ISDA and other market standard derivatives and securities financing agreements) and credit, legal, regulatory and operational issues/risks relating thereto. This involves referencing to appropriate sections of the Functional Instruction Manual, ensuring required approvals for deviation from standard clauses are in place and identifying the Legal and Risk impact to the Bank for the deviations
- To perform enhanced research by utilizing legal and analytical skills and undertake a detailed check of the constitutional documents for each type of counterparty based on the jurisdiction of the counterparty. This involves examining the constitutional documents, keeping in mind the home jurisdiction of the counterparty and prevailing laws across various geographies around the globe.
- Manage requests towards completion of task in a timely manner and that any project/ ad hoc / remedial work is completed within agreed timeframes
- Promote a strong sense of teamwork to ensure all areas work collaborative and as efficiently as possible. Set a high standard of continuous staff motivation by providing ongoing markets situation and development.
- Responsible for conceptualizing and creation of robust MIS for business head and business partners to facility effective performance monitoring and review
- Responsible for work load management and delivery of volumes and quality which will include assigning and allocation of tasks in timely and in an accurate manner
- Ensure all internal databases are updated accurately by the team
- First point of contact for all queries raised by Bangalore team. Step in and help team address difficult queries from RMs
- Have the ability to work autonomously with the appropriate escalations to the team lead. Think independently and act on one’s own counsel, being mindful of always providing pragmatic and commercial advice
- Have a big picture understanding of the financial markets and understands business and regulatory implications of documentation aspects. Ensure that the business areas act in compliance with bank and departmental policies and procedures
- Be responsive and focused on client service. Establish and maintain relationships with various stakeholders, across multiple geographies and cultural diversities
- Be commercial and solutions focused with the ability to draft appropriate legal provisions reflecting the agreed outcome
- Conduct trainings from time to time
- Seek clarification as and when required from onshore SME and share with the team and update procedures as necessary. Ensure yearly version update of procedures and Business Head approval is obtained
- Conduct ongoing Quality Checks for all drafts prepared by team, execution copies saved for execution, accuracy of information in execution memos and all scanned copies of docs and supporting docs before execution
- Business process reengineering and improving productivity. Active participation and contribution in all quality initiatives within the team/process both for improvement of productivity & quality
What You will need to succeed:
- Law degree from a recognized and reputed Law College/University in India or Overseas.
- Minimum 5 years’ prior experience in handling Derivative Documentation for Capital Markets.
- Proven skills in drafting agreements/contracts
- Excellent understanding of Corporate Law.
- Knowledge on different asset classes and Derivatives is desired
- Strong communication skills both written and spoken
- Good to have an understanding of Common Law, especially with regard to the UK
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to build rapport with and relate to and effectively develop a rapport across a wide range of people.
- Good interpersonal skills and self-motivated.
- Planning, analytical reasoning through experience in applying such skills in a project, operations management or service role.
- Experience in processing and migration environment will be an added advantage.
- Excellent team player and should have related QC experience
To apply for this Job : Click Here