Flipkart is committed to transforming commerce in India through investments in made-in-India technology innovations, customer-centric constructs, a diverse category landscape and a world-class supply chain. With a customer base of over 350 million, product coverage of over 150 million across 80+ categories, a focus on generating direct and indirect employment and a commitment to empowering generations of entrepreneurs and MSMEs, all driven by a sustainable growth strategy – Flipkart is maximising for customers, stakeholders, and the planet at large!
Roles & Responsibilities
- General Security Management
- Individual is responsible of a cluster of hubs which falls under his AOR. (counts varies from 25 to 30 hubs or Warehouses / FC / MH / TC / PH / LM)
- Manage security executives and security guards for smooth business operations
- Uphold security standards as set forth by the company
- Review current security practices and make recommendations to vertical heads for better implementation
- Implement continuous improvement procedures as to suit business requirements
- Conduct detailed advanced investigations on all issues including but not limited to Loss/theft cases only
- Proactively identify and investigate potential and actual violations of safety standards and develop means to minimize risk / threats
- Supervise SSE & Security agencies to protect company property and premises against internal & external threats
- Assess security service providers continuously to ensure regular enhancement in security standards
- Conduct security audits and inspections to reduce security risks and threat at sites
- Ensure proper documentation in the department for audit purpose
- Lead and supervise team of security executives & security supervisors / guards
- Ensure that all security automation equipment are in working condition
- Review FC security Operations, quality escalations, CS escalations, repeat OB, City logistics & BRSNR cases
- Maintain and Document policies and procedures for Flipkart Warehouses and maintain security standards as per industry best practices.
- Logistics Security Management
- Managing Logistic security operations and improve service levels.
- Conducting security audits for Flipkart Mother Hubs and implementing security measures.
- Lead the cross functional Loss Prevention program to include policy, procedures, awareness, compliance, incident reporting and corrective actions plans.
- Reducing losses by controlling shrink, preventing pilferage and damages to the inventory during operations in a vast Distribution and Logistics Supply chain
- Conducting investigations and root cause analysis for various theft, pilferage & other frauds
- Training and coordinating Logistics security activities through regional security team.
- Physical Security
- Manage the complete liaising with local law authorities and police hierarchy
- Motivate and improve the result orientation of the complete team members
- Assess the safety norms adhered at the sites and escalate the observations to vertical heads
- Improve Fire Fighting standards at the site by conducting Fire Fighting Training
- Assess and visualizing the forthcoming threat and inform the management for counter measures of the same
- Critically analyse the security automation set up at the sites
- Ascertain that the reporting and information sharing is up to date
- Ensure the implementation, management, operation, and maintenance, of physical security measures and security systems
- Define people, material and vehicle movement protocols
- Ensure seamless management, control, and maintenance of physical access authorization procedures and access control protocol.
- Initiate process deviation and security incident reports, establish escalation metrics and response structures.
- Maintain security incident data, with periodic trend analysis implement corrective actions plans
- Create appropriate MIS reports
- Emergency Response & Crisis Management
- Creation, updating, exercising and maintenance of Crisis Management organization and plans.
- Plan and execute various tests & exercises
- Follow Emergency Response and Crisis Management guidelines to handle security incidents and crises.
- Liaise with state authorities, police, Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs) and emergency services on a day-to-day basis, during mock exercises and real-life incidents and crisis situations.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication, including ability to write reports and returns on both routine and Adhoc basis.
- Inter-personal collaboration skills to work with varied stakeholders across organizational levels.
- Disciplinary approach towards security management
- Ability to train and impart awareness to motivate the core security team as well as employees.
- Unblemished track record and high levels of personal integrity.
- Exemplary team motivator and genuine team player
- Zonal Security Manager (Solid Line Manager) or Regional Security Manager
- Regional Business Operations Managers
- HR, Facility, Safety, Logistics, Legal, Ethics & Compliance, Risk
- Local & Regional Security team members
- Local authorities & law enforcement agencies
- University degree level or equivalent through experience and professional certification.
- Completion of professional security certification training e.g. PSP, TAPA or equivalent is desirable.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in security-related profession with logistics operations
- Experience in implementation of security projects/programs in allocated AOR.
- Extensive and up to date knowledge of logistics security operations, standards and technology.
- Experience in managing or coordinating security investigations of complex nature.
- Knowledge of information security processes and systems.
- Experience in security auditing.
To apply for this Job : Click Here