Diageo India is the country’s leading beverage alcohol company and a subsidiary of global leader Diageo plc.
Job DescriptionAssistant Manager – Legal Administration/ Para LegalIp
On the IP portfolio, work within a team consisting of a General Counsel IP, IP Counsel, Trade Mark Attorney and other IP Counsels and being the liaison person between the inhouse local market counsels and the IP team. Having responsibility for a significant portfolio to deliver high-quality, commercially orientated Intellectual Property legal services to USL’s marketing and innovation functions, including responsibility for counselling and effective administration of the relevant trade mark portfolios.
Key outputs may vary over time, however, these typically include:
- Provide para legal support
- Participate effectively as member of a team delivering all aspects of world-class IP legal services.
- Assist in all aspects of trade mark clearance, prosecution, registration, conflicts and renewals for example: – Conduct preliminary clearance searches; analyse results and prepare draft reports to the business;
- Instruct clearance searches in the relevant territory and analyse results and prepare draft reports to the business;
- File trade mark applications and prosecute through to registration (e.g. deal with examination reports and supporting documentation) via our dedicated agent;
- Review draft opposition/revocation/cancellation notices for trade mark proceedings, collect and collate evidence to support all opposition proceedings and prepare draft supporting observations; – Manage all relevant data input, liaising with external agents and counsel;
- Assist the various IP Counsels with litigation and enforcement work involving USL’s IP rights.
- Assist the USL Marketing Counsel generally.
- Litigation case management (MIS).
- Coordinating with external lawyers on regular basis for case updates; timely invoicing; vendor onboarding and lawyer engagement formalities.
- Document management; maintenance of case records.
- Generally supporting the internal Litigation counsel in day to day administrative work.
- Review and approve advertising and marketing materials.
- Legal research.
- Contract review & negotiation.
To apply for this Job : Click Here