SVF is one of Eastern India’s largest entertainment companies, having business interests in Film Production, Film Distribution, Television content Production, Digital Cinema, Music, New Media, Cinemas and Equipment Rental. SVF, founded in 1995 by Mahendra Soni and Shrikant Mohta, started off with film distribution – ‘Bombay’ being its first film. It is now 900 releases strong, and counting. SVF ventured into Film production with its first film, ‘Bhai Amar Bhai’, with over 110 films to its credit now.
- Production/ acquisition/ distribution/syndication contracts: Bringing value through demonstrated experience & subject matter knowledge in drafting, negotiating, and closing all types of commercial transactions;
- Drafting and negotiating Production / acquisition/ distribution / syndication contracts, format agreements, celebrity/ artists/talent agreements, marketing & event management deals.
- Drafting & negotiating commercial contracts relating to the procurement of Film production-related equipment, technology, services level agreements for outsourced vendors, inter-company contracts, employment contracts, and ancillary agreements.
- Providing inputs on copyright law and policy matters and help to take proactive enforcement actions through contractual commitments and anti-piracy initiatives to prevent value erosion of intellectual Property rights.
- Managing the Dispute resolution and Litigation function: Coordination with external counsels with regards to potential legal, financial and reputational risk arising from civil as well as criminal disputes and litigations through proactive and timely interventions, reviewing & drafting court pleadings & judicial documents, drafting legal notices & responses to legal threats, etc. and providing strategic advice and guidance to Management through an effective Management Information System.
- Regulatory & Policy management: Conducting Research and impact analysis of various amendments to policies, laws, regulations, bills, consultation papers, notifications in relation to Copyright, Censorship laws, and rules, corporate law, taxation of films, trade union matters, etc.
- Proactive & timely implementation and execution of tasks and assignments;
Qualification & Experience
- LLB from a Premier Indian Law College with at least 3 yrs of relevant experience.
- A good understanding and application of Intellectual Property Laws such as the Copyright Act, the Trade Marks Act, and rules.
- Specific working knowledge of Indian laws i.e. Contract Act, Specific Relief Act, Civil Procedure & Criminal Procedure Code, Indian Penal Code, Prevention of Corruption Act, the various social legislation relating to Obscenity, defamation/ libel, minorities, scheduled castes, women & child rights, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in contract drafting, good negotiation, and execution skills i.e., ability to draft, negotiate and close transactions independently with minimal supervision
- Should have excellent research, analytical skills and should be able to exercise judgment and discretion to opine on compliance/ legal issues effectively.
To apply for this Job : Click Here