upGrad, an online higher education platform is looking for an Assistant Manager – Legal for their Mumbai Office.
What Would You Be Doing:
The incumbent will carry out a range of functions and tasks in support of the legal team under the direct supervision of Director – Legal. Some of the key responsibilities include:
– Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of legal contracts with business partners, customers etc.
– Assist the businesses with compliance and risk management related matters and where
– prepare checklists for compliances under relevant laws, coordinating with departments and ensuring the compliance as per checklist, conducting a legal audit
– due diligence
– Drafting of legal notices, reply to customer complaints, representations and replies for authorities requiring legal advice and assistance etc.
– Taking sessions on Employee relations and behavior and informative sessions on Code of organization
– Supporting stakeholders in implementing ethics and compliance policy of the company.
– Co-ordination with Advocates and Counsels in connection with company litigation.
– Preparation and review of the notice, reply, application, petition and written statements etc.
– Review the progress of on-going cases and provide regular updates to seniors
– Anticipate the legal support needs of the business and help define and drive the strategic plans for the Business.
What we are looking for:
– Minimum LLB /LLM from a reputed College/University
– 3-6 Years of Post -Qualification Experience
– Strong communication skills in English (both written and oral).
– Sound Knowledge of Computers-MS word and Excel
– Confidence to speak on legal issues to internal stakeholders and familiarity to navigate through complex processes
– Well-versed in offering general legal and commercial advice.
– Preferred from Education/Internet/E-Commerce/Media/FMCG Or Any Service Industry
– Organization and prioritization skills, Effective time management, detail, and accuracy
To apply for this legal job: Click Here
About the Company:
upGrad is an online higher education platform. Founded by Ronnie Screwvala, Mayank Kumar, Ravijot Chugh and Phalgun Kompalli in March’ 2015, upGrad provides university education online for working professionals. upGrad empowers professionals to reach their full potential through industry-relevant online programs delivered in the most engaging learning environment. Through exclusive partnerships with some of the most prominent universities like IIIT-Bangalore, MICA, BITS Pilani, ISB, Cambridge Judge Business School and brands like Uber, Genpact, Google, Facebook, JioSaavn – our aim to impart university