Lawmetrik is an Alternative Legal Solutions company that delivers end-to-end integrated solutions from recruitment to secondments to Managed Legal Services to Consulting Solutions. Our solutions are designed to positively impact client’s financial performance and risk management through improvement in key performance metrics and process re-engineering for in-house legal departments and law firms. We improve key operational and financial metrics in legal performance areas such as contracting, employment law, compliance, IPR, dispute resolution.
- Providing privacy/ data protection law (including GDPR) related support across geographies, including by way of drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial contracts, master service agreements/documentation, policies, procedures, compliance reports, assessments, reviewing for risk identification and managing/preparing mitigation plans, conducting trainings,
- Coordinating with various stakeholders for meeting the standards on privacy and reviewing and updating existing procedures.
- Incident management in respect of privacy/data protection matters
- Assistance in developing policies for the firm from risk and quality perspective.
- Drive projects for the internal Legal, Reputation and Risk team and assist the leadership of the Legal team in the legal matters relating to risk and reputational aspects.
- Support other Functions in matters such as clients and markets, etc.
- Assist in preparing material (presentations) including for workshops & training programs.
- May involve supervision and guidance of the internal lawyers in the team.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders such as InfoSec Team, Global Privacy Team, Functional Risk Teams, Service Line Teams, Functional Leaders, Reputation and Risk Office Team, Independence and Conflicts Check Teams, other Partners and Professionals.
- Liaise with external stakeholders such as Outside counsels, Professionals (including Legal) from other firms in the network, etc.
- Other legal matters
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Bachelor of Law (LLB) with a PQE of 4 – 7 years.
- B.Com/B.Sc with diploma in IT is desirable.
- Privacy certification especially for GDPR.
- Work Experience in Privacy and Data Protection laws, related compliances, and resolutions, in a client facing business support role.
- Work Experience preferably in Financial Services, IT, Consulting, Infrastructure Advisory, or Manufacturing industry.
- The candidate must have good legal knowledge, skills and experience in privacy/data protection law and related compliances and resolutions, ability to apply that to practical situations, and a solution-oriented, pragmatic approach to balance risk and reward.
- Risk spotting ability – the candidate must be able to quickly assess the risk areas and recommend ways of mitigating or managing them.
- Analytical skills – should be able to use judgment, analyze facts and draw logical conclusions
- Effective verbal and written communication skills – should be able to draft privacy protection clauses and policies, prepare reports and correspondence related to work
- Team player
To apply for this Job : Click Here