Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk advisor. With around 40,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data-driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue over $18 billion, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses:. Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer and Oliver Wyman.
- Provide analysis and counsel on a range of legal issues, includingcorporate issues, business structures and models, M&A, property related issues, employment issues, insurance and reinsurance
- Drafting and review of contracts and related documents for delivering service to clients and for procurement of goods and services, whichinter-alia includes NDA, MSA, LIA, TOBA, international TSA, etc. bearing in mind requirements emanating from insurance laws. Experience of dealing with cross border group entities would be added advantage
- Negotiate terms of contracts with internal and external stakeholders
- Analyse a broad range of complex laws and regulations affecting the operations of the Company including those arising from corporate structures and business models
- Develop company’s strategy in defending end enforcing suits.
- Engage outside counsel on complex legal issues, and supervise and coordinate all work sent to external law firms
- Develop a network of outside counsel to advice and represent the Company in consumer forums and other adjudicating forums
- Deal with enforcement agencies like police, CBI, ED, IT authorities, as and when required
- Anticipate and identify legal issues that concernes the organization and develop legal strategies and solutions, to mitigate exposure to the Company.
- Manage reviews and audits by internal & external auditors, IRDAI, etc. from a legal perspective.
- Identify and assess emerging changes in legislative & regulatory landscape impacting business and take corrective action including creation of new processes and systems.
- Create playbooks and standard templates for new business requirements.
- Educate the business teams from time to time on legal ways of working.
- Prepare MIS to keep management and Board informed of critical legal issues
- Keep up to date records of all deliverables and documents
MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent drafting and effective negotiation skills.
- Practical lawyering accumen, including the ability to balance risk and commercial imperatives.
- Efficient, ability to prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Tested project management skills.
- Detail-oriented and able to function well independently,
- Collaborative mindset with ability to work in diverse local and international setting.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of staff, including senior
- 10-12 years of in-house experience
- Experience working in an MNC in India
- Knowledge of general corporate law and insurance law.
- Experience handling high volume of contract review, drafting and negotiation
- Experience of handling employment and commercial litigations Insurance industry experience preferred.
- LLB from a reputed law school
To apply for this Job : Click Here