We are a leadership talent consulting and executive search firm. We engage closely with our clients and the leadership talent pool, to ascertain positive fitment of skills, aspirations and culture. We firmly believe in nurturing lasting relationships. Over the years, we have developed a strong network of talented professionals across industry verticals and business functions.
Position Title : Legal
Department : LCS
Rank : Associate
Reports To : AVP – Legal
To provide legal support and assistance in relation to consumer banking business of the Bank.
Key Account Abilities
- Provide pragmatic and effective legal advice to manage legal risk in respect of consumer banking secured and un-secured lending products.
- Prior experience in advising credit card portfolio will be preferred.
- Assist in advising on various strategic partnerships of the Bank including drafting, reviewing and negotiating documents.
- Draft, review and negotiate legal documentation.
- Participate in the development of processes, policies and procedures designed to reduce legal risk and/or increase the efficiency of the team.
- Proactively advise on and help to manage important changes in law and regulation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Embed the Legal Risk and Principle Risks Standard in the business and ensure that the policies are adhered to.
- Provide legal advice to business and support units as required, to ensure that legal issues are identified and resolved, and that legal risk is managed appropriately within India
- Resolution of queries in relation to products and services offered by the Bank specifically CBG business.
- Responsible for handling branch banking queries and providing day to day support to various business units and support functions in all aspects
- To draft/ vet/ review various types of agreements/documents including Outsourcing Agreements, NDA- s, etc and also support the various business units on any kind of Legal documentation.
- Responsible for providing assistance and handling customers complaints, notices from regulators/ authorities, etc
- Qualified lawyer with post qualification experience in banking law or other related areas of law.
- Experience in handling credit card product
- Good academic grounding
Education / Preferred Qualifications
- A Graduate with LLB/ LLM or other recognized legal degree with at least 5 to 7 years work experience in Retail Banking.
- Excellent diagnostic skills and rigorous approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills at all levels, especially drafting writing skills
- Excellent comprehension skills to understand and interpret industry data and economic trends
- Strong formal presentation skills to gain acceptance to solutions, both internally and externally
- Attention to detail Tenacious
- Ability to think creatively and identify innovative solutions;
- Should have a stable mindset to handle issues also be able to think through a problem.
- Should be able to identify and forecast legal compliance risks / rewards, in line with proposed business growth find solutions
- Financial knowledge of banking and financial services law
- Strong technical ability ability to grasp new technical areas of law very quickly
- Knowledge on BCSBI (Banking Codes Standards Board of India)
- Knowledge on all related laws in India especially laws governing RBI, SEBI, IRDA, AMFI, etc.
- Sound knowledge of the overall banking environment
- Must have overview of the applicability of various statutes/ laws applicable
To apply for this Job : Click Here