EY exists to build a better working world, helping create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Job Roles and Responsibility
- Perform First Line Review of contracts, e.g. Patent License Agreements, IT Procurement Agreements, Web Hosting Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, Software and Data License Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Vendor Services Agreements, Master Services Agreements, Statements of Work, Purchase and License Agreements, Sponsor Research Agreements, Inter Institutional Agreements, Supply and Distribution Agreements, Staffing, Consulting and Teaming Agreements, Lease Agreements, Estoppels and SNDAA and other commercial contracts.
- Assist senior team members in negotiating contracts for our clients from various sectors such as Banking, Telecom, Healthcare, Aerospace, Heavy Industries, Manufacturing Companies, Finance Company, Human Resource Solutions and IT Services Industry, Universities, Film Production House, Global Web hosting Company, Power Management Company etc.
- Contribute towards the creation of project playbooks and other knowledge tools to successfully meet client expectations.
- Draft responses to parties’ stand to ensure conformity to client specifications to ensure best representation of client requirements in agreements to be reviewed by senior.
- Accompany Senior for client/customer negotiation calls and prepare call notes.
- Act as a team player while working with a team of lawyers within the organization as well as the clients’ legal representatives and business team on projects involving the agreements described above.
- Provide professional, timely, and prompt service and responses to the Delivery Managers so that they can support the client contact and the sales team
- Attend and participate actively in mandatory and non- mandatory training and certification courses.
- Confirm to deadlines on client deliverables without delays and renegotiate deadlines (when necessary) well in advance of the originally scheduled deadline; escalate client issues promptly and appropriately; consistently complete real time client call notes.
- Associates are lawyers who understand the basic contractual and legal concepts, and are able to interpret, and review the contracts. They are also expected to have good verbal and written communication skills. Associates typically comprise the first stage of the contract review process.
Skills And Attributes For Success
Responsibilities, Qualifications, Certifications – Internal
- Good analytical & logical skills.
- Knowledge of English/Grammar enabling efficient comprehension of clients’ documents, codes, abstracts and other deliverables
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Must be computer savvy and able to learn and adapt to different client respective processes in order to be able to function smoothly and integrate with the client’s system.
- Responsiveness – Sensitive to client deadlines
- Team Player – Ability to co-operate and work as a team member and encourage colleagues, maintains positive attitude, contributing to team morale
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelors/Master’s degree and Law degree (LLB or LLM) from accredited, reputable institutions
- Attorney with 0-2 years of relevant contract review, redlining and negotiation experience (preferably in a multinational corporation, in-house legal team or law firm handling similar work)
To apply for this Job : Click Here