Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) began exposing key infrastructure services to businesses in the form of web services — now widely known as cloud computing. The ultimate benefit of cloud computing, and AWS, is the ability to leverage a new business model and turn capital infrastructure expenses into variable costs. Businesses no longer need to plan and procure servers and other IT resources weeks or months in advance. Using AWS, businesses can take advantage of Amazon’s expertise and economies of scale to access resources when their business needs them, delivering results faster and at a lower cost.
Key job responsibilities
- This Associate Corporate Counsel will primarily support AWS’ business development and marketing teams in India. The successful candidate will be responsible for drafting, negotiating, and advising on cloud IT service agreements with a broad range of customers from startups to enterprises as well as our partner IT companies, support for local marketing, training and digital transformation consulting activities, and will act as a counselor for senior management and other business team members. The role includes participating in other Amazon legal projects as directed, managing legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, and managing complex regulatory issues.
- The successful candidate must be a self-starter, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, have strong written and oral communication skills, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. Compensation is competitive and includes equity compensation.
- Law degree (J.D. or equivalent) from a leading law school.
- Licensed to practice law in India and/or the US, UK or other common law jurisdictions.
- 3+ years of legal experience; more experienced candidates should still apply.
- Transactional drafting and negotiation experience, gained at a leading law firm and/or in-house at a major multinational corporation.
- Professional level fluency of English, written and spoken.
- In house experience at a technology company or in a private practice technology group.
- Familiarity with IT/technology licensing, outsourcing and services agreements.
- Understanding of intellectual property, competition and privacy issues.
To apply for this Job : Click Here