GoodWorker is bridging the gap and creating better lives for workers through the unlocking of job opportunities and value-added services between individuals and businesses.
This Role is based out of Bengaluru, India.
About this role:
A leadership role where you work with various stakeholders to drive legal strategy. This is a generalist role where you work on every practice area that comes your way. A role where proactiveness is everything. This role is an opportunity to mentor a wonderful, highly collaborative and diverse team.
What are you expected to do in Next 12 months
- To build relationships with the various stakeholders and team members.
- To support product launches and the iterations in the products with a 360 degree support on law including support in creation of intellectual property.
- To build and implement a dispute resolution strategy.
- To be able to implement the use of legal technology.
- To build a compliance culture and facilitate the adoption of requisite policies.
- To work with the group legal and help implement the collective vision for the legal function.
Primary Roles And Responsibilities
- Leading a team of lawyers and assisting them in navigating day to day issues.
- Structuring of new business products in collaboration with the stakeholders and offering risk mitigants to ensure statutory and regulatory compliances.
- Structuring, reviewing and finalization of fund-raising transactions.
- Advising the Company on the disputes that may come up from time to time.
- Liaising with Risk and Engineering team for finalizing and roll out of governance policies relating to IT, HR, anti-bribery and business-related policies.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating diversified commercial contracts and other business vertical contracts viz. HR, Finance, Compliance, Strategy, Customer Success etc.
- Being up to date on the relevant laws and collaborate with global internal stakeholders for advising on compliances.
- Ensuring minimal dependency on external counsels and strive to manage the legal advice in-house.
- Assisting Affinidi, India in their day to day legal work.
- Functioning as part of the wider global legal team housed under LemmaTree, including engaging with global stakeholders and undertaking global projects, initiatives or transactions as may arise.
Somethings we look for:
- Minimum 9 to 10 years PQE lawyer in business environment with background of technology laws of India. Having a prior experience as an in-house lawyer would be an advantage.
- Arbitration, litigation and/or dispute resolution experience. The candidate should be comfortable in advising on high-stake matters.
- The candidate should have experience in leading a team of lawyers.
- Considering that GoodWorker is a fast-growing startup, an ability to adapt and provide flexible and pragmatic solution driven approach.
- Excellent knowledge and in-depth understanding of corporate laws and procedures.
- Experience in commercial contracting and intellectual property laws.
- Ability to lead negotiations and collaborate with stakeholders in structuring of new business products from legal standpoint.
- Willing to work in the digital and information age and should have preparedness to use technology tools.
- Expertise in identifying & mitigating the legal risks and comprehend business challenges in new areas of law.
- Familiar with data protection, data privacy and cyber security laws of India.
- Proactive in areas of identifying and working on legal risks.
- Articulate and possess good communication and drafting skills.
To apply for this Job : Click Here