The Swiss Re Group is a leading wholesale provider of reinsurance, insurance and other insurance-based forms of risk transfer. Dealing direct and working through brokers, its global client base consists of insurance companies, mid-to-large-sized corporations and public sector clients. From standard products to tailor-made coverage across all lines of business, Swiss Re deploys its capital strength, expertise and innovation power to enable the risk taking upon which enterprise and progress in society depend.
Title: Associate Legal Counsel
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: Mumbai, India
Reporting to: Legal Counsel India
As part of the Swiss Re’s Asia legal team, the AVP Legal shall be providing legal support to Swiss Re’s India market related operation. The AVP legal will assist the Mumbai operations of Swiss Re in all general corporate issues, regulatory & compliance issues, reinsurance contracts and claims as well as reinsurance solutions and transactions.
- Assist legal, regulatory & compliance issues related to product development for both property & casualty and life & health re/insurance business for Indian market including solutions and transactions
- Assist legal issues related to general corporate matters
- Assist on regulatory issues related to the (re)insurance industry in India
- Assist on compliance matters and compliance training for India
- Understand the regulatory requirements for re/insurance contracts and claims and provide assistance to ensure compliance
- 13-16 years PQE, India qualified lawyer, preferably with a Bar Council registration
- Company Secretary qualification will be an added advantage.
- Experience with General Insurance Company is preferred
- Attention to details, ability to work independently as well as with a cross function team and do multi-tasking
- Excellent written and spoken English and preferably an Asian language
- Good communication and cross-cultural skills
- Prior experience with a Re/Insurance Company and Courts in India will be an advantage
To apply for this Job : Click Here