EY exists to build a better working world, helping create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Your Key Responsibilities
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Drafting internal memorandums for review by the GCO for analysis of risk relating to restrictive covenants and non-compete clauses in employment agreements and other relevant documents pertaining to employee’s association with the previous organisation;
- Communicates directly with various departments and recruitment teams to identify and gather documents and data related to past employment;
- Manages review of independent contractor requests to determine whether the proposed relationship meets the standards for independent contractor status using the IRS test and applicable state standards;
- Reviews direct admit package including employment agreements, restricted share unit agreements and other relevant documents to analyze risk of hiring candidates from competitors;
- Access online survey tool for research on restrictions on non-completes at different state level;
- Draft letters and notices for review by GCO regarding violation of restrictive covenants, non-compete clauses or for granting permission for waiver of specific restrictions or collection/demand letters for debt recovery;
- Creates and maintains document repositories relating to the above tasks;
- Ensures that all documents prepared are compliant with EY policies; and
- Maintaining an understanding of the impact of changes in EY policies, organizational structure, and procedures.
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Exercises independent judgment to identify issues that require US GCO attorney input for resolution;
- Uses prior experience and knowledge to identify issues for escalation that could otherwise jeopardize EY’s image;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with internal stakeholders and vendors;
- Ability to team effectively with onshore legal team and colleagues in other functions;
- Ability to assess risk of the contemplated transaction and to tailor internal memorandums accordingly;
- Highly responsive with ability to manage high workload volumes efficiently and effectively;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Strong communication and English language (verbal and written) skills;
- Solution – oriented with relentless focus on world class execution of projects and tasks;
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and ownership for success of a given task;
- Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment and ability to work cooperatively with other teams and country practices, demonstrating cultural sensitivity; and
- High levels of personal energy and appetite for work and success.
Experience And Qualifications
- Law Graduate, with 0-2 years of experience in employment matters. Having past experience on non-compete and restrictive covenants is preferred; and
- Appreciation of general legal and risk management issues.
To apply for this Job : Click Here