From classic animated features and exhilarating theme park attractions to cutting edge sports coverage, and the hottest shows on television, The Walt Disney Company has been making magic since 1923, creating unforgettable stories that connect with audiences around the world. And we’re just getting started! The key to our success…. The Cast, Crew, Imagineers and Employees who honor Disney’s rich legacy by stretching the bounds of imagination to create the never-before-seen, bringing unparalleled entertainment experiences to people of all ages. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world and just imagine the stories you could be part of…
Overall Purpose of the role:
This individual will be an integral part of the worldwide Legal – Privacy team working together on the team’s mission, focusing on India, and the APAC region generally. This person will assess relevant privacy and security legal requirements, advise the business on collection, use, and security of personal information in contract negotiations and support the TWDC employee privacy program. The Associate Principal Counsel will need to have or develop a strong working knowledge of relevant privacy and data security laws and regulations in India and across the region and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of the overall Corporate Privacy Team.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Advise, draft, and negotiate privacy and data security terms in contract negotiations with internal and external service providers and vendors in India and APAC region.
- Analyze data protection and privacy laws and developments in India.
- Advise on cybersecurity incident response and legal requirements in India and APAC region.
- Liaise with global information security operations in India and APAC region.
- Support worldwide employee privacy program in India and APAC region.
- Support company response to major consumer privacy initiatives.
- Work directly with business and legal colleagues throughout across TWDC business segments.
- Review and assess all existing privacy practices and policies of Star India and Disney +Hotstar.
- Work on implementing global privacy processes.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in a law firm and/or corporate legal department, preferably advising on privacy and data security issues, including negotiating and drafting contracts and providing compliance related guidance.
- Strong drafting, negotiating and writing skills, including attention to detail, as well as the ability to solve problems in an efficient, business-friendly manner in time-pressured situations. Ability to identify and analyze complex issues and devise creative solutions and strategies for resolution.
- Ability to anticipate and understand risks and impacts contractual provisions and agreements may have a client’s business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to professionalism.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively with co-workers and clients.
- Willingness to take “ownership” of projects and think proactively.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work, prioritize appropriately, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, and prioritize workload efficiently and effectively.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience with data protection and privacy laws in India and /or APAC region.
- Familiarity with emerging privacy legal issues, such as those involving biometrics, AI/ML and related issues.
- Experience providing privacy and data security guidance in connection with digital, online, and linear advertising, including direct and programmatic sales, ad tech vendors, and related issues (e.g. audience modeling and online behavioral advertising).
- Experience providing legal services to international teams.
- Law degree from an accredited law school required.
- Law degree from law school in India.
To apply for this Job : Click Here