Zeta is a modern banking tech company providing a Unified Stack, for banks comprising modern credit and debit processing, core and mobile experiences. Zeta provides its products to banks and fintechs globally. Co-founded in April 2015 by Bhavin Turakhia (CEO) and Ramki Gaddipati (CTO), the company currently has over 750 employees across its offices in the US, UK, Middle East, and Asia.
Job Role and Rsponsibility
As an [Senior Associate/Associate] – Legal, you will be primarily responsible for –
- Contract Drafting, Review and Negotiation
- Drafting (both internally and with the assistance of external counsel) well thought out and structured, exemplary contracts for global relationships w i th customers for Zeta’s Software as a Service, Professional Services and Platforms
- Assist with the review and/or drafting of other agreement types which include but are not limited to corporate services contracts, hardware and software licenses, statements of work (SOW) with vendors and partners, HR related agreements, non-disclosure agreements and possible Mergers, Acquisitions and Investment related agreements.
- Creating drafts for global partnerships with networks, vendors, analysts
- Reviewing drafts from the team / external law firms to ensure clean, modular, well structured, comprehensive and balanced contracts
- Reviewing contracts from external vendors and third parties
- Negotiating the above mentioned agreements where required and making relevant changes while efficiently balancing risk, fairness and deal closure timeframes in all contract negotiations
- Managing Zeta’s contracts and providing contract support during the life cycle of such contracts with the assistance of licensed CLM Software.
- Global compliances
- Assist with and manage Zeta’s employment contracts and compliances across 10+ countries
- Assist with and manage Zeta’s ESOP and equity grant plans and compliances
- Assist with and manage corporate governance in conjunction with finance team across our subsidiaries and JVs in 10+ countries
- Study and acquaint yourself with financial, banking, corporate law and commercial regulations in 20+ countries.
- Coordination with internal Zeta teams to ensure that the Zeta platform is compliant with all applicable regulations
- Research and knowledge development with regard to legal and regulatory guidelines around intellectual property, contract law and interpretation, breaches of contract and remedies for such breach, contract compliance requirement, data protection laws etc.
- Conduct research on new regulations and legal regulatory frameworks of new domains of business and providing advice on regulatory requirements, legal risks and risk mitigation strategies
- Legal Function
- Work as a part of a team and contribute towards projects by setting up policies and processes for legal risk identification and mitigation.
- Prioritize and manage business stakeholders and workload effectively, with quick turn-around time requirements.
Candidate Skills & Attributes
- Graduate of a top law school, licensed and in good standing
- BSc/BBA/BA LLB degree in Law or J.D. degree
- Master’s Law degree from Premier Institutes (Optional)
- MA or BSc in Business Administration is optional
- Knowledge / Certification / Academic qualifications in information technology / systems would be good
Skills And Experience
- 5+ years experience in contract drafting and negotiation, with the ability to apply business/commercial context when required, ideally within a law firm for disparate global customers
- Adequate experience in working with technology companies including but not limited to fintech companies, preferably B2B SaaS
- Expert knowledge of Applicable Laws such as Information Technology laws, Data Privacy laws, Corporate law etc
- Working understanding of IP Protection processes including patents, trademarks, copy rights
- Should have strong communication skills, immaculate negotiation skills, show enthusiasm towards their work and possess a keen interest in understanding business requirements and manage quick turn-around times.
To apply for this Job : Click here