Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Associate Specialist, Legal Services – Privacy and Data Protection Services
The GBSC (Global Business Services Center) is the shared services organization for Mastercard. Consistent with the One LFI model, GBSC is partnering with the Law, Franchise and Integrity team to build a legal shared services function. The GBSC team is predominantly co-located in a collaborative working environment in the heart of the Mastercard Technology Operations headquartered in St. Louis, MO. Select regional hubs exist to provide additional scale and agility. The GBSC provides services to all regions and all business units spanning 50 countries.
The Specialist, Legal Services – Privacy and Data Protection Services will be part of a team of privacy legal specialists within the broader GBSC Legal Services team. This position will support Mastercard’s integrated approach to privacy and data protection and be accountable for Data Subject Access Request management, and delivering positive customer experiences and efficient business results.
- Does the pursuit of excellence appeal to you?
- Are you committed to customer service?
- Do you enjoy solving legal and business problems?
- Are you passionate about identifying and implementing process improvements?
If so, keep reading as this might be the perfect role for you.
- Understand complex global privacy and data protection laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and apply legal concepts to business and data constructs and processes
- respond to Employee Data Access requests relating privacy and data protection
- Ensure that the strategic and excellent communication/response is drafted and communicated
- Support business and legal colleagues taking a privacy-by-design approach to ensure privacy compliance for all data driven products
- Develop intern personal skills and communication channels within the organization preserving the confidentiality at all times
- Provide superior customer service according to the GBSC standards in terms of quality, response time, resolution time and adhering to Service Level Objectives
- Responsible for identifying and monitoring risks and issues along with mitigation strategies to minimize negative impacts on project success and facilitate and influence interactions to deliver timely decision-making.
All About You
- Must be a minimum LLB graduate; CIPP/E or any IAPP certification will be an added advantage;
- Strong privacy and data protection interest required, willingness to invest into getting up to speed with privacy and data protection laws globally quickly
- Legal experience in privacy and data protection a plus, interactive technology, working experience on Data Subject Access request rights or data driven products preferred
- Knowledge of US, European, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, or other non-Indian legal systems a plus
- Familiarity with the financial services industry and payment processing industry, a plus.
- Excellent drafting skills, Advanced negotiation skills, hands on experience in strategically responding to Government /External communications, communicating with External Counsel if required and Senior leadership with the organization,
- Ability to recognize when to escalate and when to exercise independent judgement and discretion in reviewing/ negotiating contracts
- Superior time management, planning, and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage workloads involving tasks of varying priority and complexity
- Excellent legal and business acumen, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with various types of stakeholders (business, lawyers, third parties such as vendors)
- Positive and energetic leadership skills with focus on efficiency and team building skills
- Excellent English language communication and interpersonal skills, with emphasis on collaborating with key legal and business stakeholders to negotiate and confirm legal contract terms
- Demonstrated strength in customer focused service orientation
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Team, Power Point etc.
To apply for this Job : Click Here