Obhan & Associates is a reputed, skilled and professionally managed law firm that was established in 2007. The Firm has been recognized for its expertise in patent, trade mark, copyright and design protection and is a highly ranked practice in the country. The Firm has a well-established corporate practice that offers a broad range of transactional and advisory services to institutions, entrepreneurs as well as public and private companies. The Firm offers end to end services in the fields of Intellectual Property law and Corporate law with the goal of aiding and assisting its clients at every stage, and is recognized as one of India’s leading firms. The Firm aims to foster creation of intellectual property, conducts and assists in prosecution and helps strengthen its clients’ intellectual property portfolios.
Position: Associate (Trademark & Copyright)
Qualification & Experience: The candidate must have a LLB degree with 0-1 years of work experience in Intellectual Property.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Conducting trademark searches and providing registrability opinions for India and other jurisdictions.
- Filing and prosecuting trademark and copyright applications at the Indian Trademark Registry and Indian Copyright office, respectively.
- Filing International applications and coordinating filing response to provisional refusals in designated countries.
- Preparing and filing notices of opposition/counterstatements/evidence in opposition and rectification proceedings in India..
- Attending hearings before the Indian Trademark Registry and Indian Copyright Office.
- Conducting legal research and preparing write-ups.
- Assisting counsels in preparation of plaints/written statement/evidence in court proceedings.
- Trademark and Copyright portfolio management including recordal of name and address changes, renewals, licenses, etc.
Skill Set Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Effective inter-personal skills and collaborative skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Well-organized with the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure with minimum supervision.
- Willingness to work on a broad variety of matters from complex matters to routine standard matters.
To apply for this Job : Click Here