For over 200 years, JPMorgan Chase & Co has provided innovative financial solutions for consumers, small businesses, corporations, governments and institutions around the world. Today, we’re a leading global financial services firm with operations servicing clients in more than 100 countries. Whether we are serving customers, helping small businesses, or putting our skills to work with partners, we strive to identify issues and propose solutions that will propel the future and strengthen both our clients and our communities.
AVP – India CC Legal
This position is part of J.P. Morgan Services India Private Limited (JPMSIPL or India GSC) Legal Team reporting to the Head of Legal for India CC.
Responsibilities For India CC
- Provide legal advice to the senior management of the ICC;
- Interact and work closely with the Corporate sector and corporate functions and LOB leaders to execute legal strategies to mitigate risks arising from the ICC’s activities; Provide legal support across Corporate functions including CFO/Legal Entity Control (LEC) functions within India CC;
- Collaborate with the ICC’s Compliance, Oversight & Control and other key control functions and the APAC Office of Legal Obligations to anticipate and respond to legal and regulatory developments;
- Support the regional legal teams on all litigation and employment matters impacting the ICC;
- Provide key legal support on JPM’s Resolution and Recovery Plan as the IGSC is a material legal entity under US banking regulations;
- Manage relationships with outside counsel to ensure they deliver cost-effective and high quality services;
- Work on vendor, IP, outsourcing and offshoring matters for the ICC; and
- Working with regional and global legal partners on real estate matters impacting the ICC.
- Provide key legal support to the Office of Legal Obligations (OLO) – JP Morgan’s firm-wide global Legal and Regulatory Program;
- Provide input as a legal SME and take part in India ICC activities on Inter-Affiliate Services (IAS) Program;
- Provide subject matter expertise and advisory support to all lines of business and corporate functions in applicable laws and regulations and internal compliance policies and programs;
- Communicate legal and regulatory issues and risks related to the group to its business partners, management and appropriate interested parties; and
- Co-ordinate with counterparts in other JPMC entities on requests relating to corporate governance matters.
- Qualified/licensed lawyer with 7-10 years of general corporate and banking and finance experience in a major law firm, large multi-national corporation or equivalent;
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills;
- Strong organizational/project management skills, ability to handle high volume and balance competing demands;
- Ability to develop and maintain solid client relationships and to influence decision makers at all levels;
- Confidence and experience translating complex legal concepts into practical solutions to guide business people;
- Ability to work successfully in a matrixed, team environment;
To apply for this Job : Click Here