Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing things, make decisions quickly, and are not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one.
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one.
We are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you’d like to help the Disability Leave Services (DLS) team build a best-in-class professional services program to deliver leave of absence, disability and accommodation services to Amazon employees, applicants, job seekers and candidates globally, this is your chance to make history by joining the amazing Disability & Leave Services Team.
The DLS Case Manager provides case management for all types of leave of absence and disability life events. The DLS Case Manager is highly skilled in answering questions, understanding the employee’s situation, applying the appropriate benefits, responding to changing circumstances and needs, and paves the way for a connected and trusted case management experience. Case Managers are the single point of contact for an employee throughout an entire leave of absence or disability event.
This is an individual contribution (IC) role with no direct reports.
- Initiate and respond to inquiries about leave and disability events, benefits, and options available to employees
- Serve as a point of contact for assigned employees to provide holistic case management services, including reviewing medical documentation to adjudicate leaves in compliance with the corresponding leave plans, federal and state laws and benefit plans as defined by Amazon
- Leverage duration guidelines, best practice tools and Amazon resources to support oversight of a leave event as appropriate
- Critically assess and adjust the case management plan to an employee’s changing needs
- Address and respond to sensitive situations
- Troubleshoot issues and seek to remove barriers before, during, or after a leave event
- Respond to employee impacting issues that may arise during the leave event and ensure the right communication occurs
- Identify and solve problems that may arise, sometimes with limited information
- Facilitate a smooth return to work and ramp-back plan for employees returning to the workplace
- Educate managers and business partners on employee concerns and needs prior to being off or returning back to work
- Communicate regular updates to employees and stakeholders both verbally and in writing
- Ensure compliance with standard work, federal/state regulations, and company policy
- Maintain system records to ensure accurate and timely information/documentation
- Consult, coordinate and partner with our third party administrator, HR, Safety, Legal, Payroll, Benefits, team members and other departments/systems as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university or equivalent experience
- 4+ Years of experience in customer service or Human Resource management or Case management or Leave & Disability management role
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Basic US legislation Leave of Absence, Disability and/or Accommodations knowledge, specifically ADA/ADAAA and FMLA
- Ability to apply critical thinking and identify issues for problem solving
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence others while working in a cross functional environment
- Strong time management and ownership of deliverables Strong & demonstrated communication skills – verbal as well as written Prior Leave and/or Accommodations experience, to include: previous work in a leave of absence and/or disability claim management role, with experience using case management systems, reviewing cases for eligibility, determining the appropriate leave and/or disability pay benefits that apply to a specific situation, and establishing/executing a case management plan.
- Experience providing guidance to employees or managers on leave of absence, disability plan, accommodation, human resources, benefits, or employee matters
- Experience working multiple projects or cases independently in environment with changing priorities
- Experience working with confidential information
To apply for this Job : Click Here