The Company (our Client) is a newly formed asset management firm focused on transformation of shared insights, effective processes and causing value enhancement for its stakeholders. The Company is attempting to bridge the vision of sustainable democratization of real estate with confidence, energy and integrity. And has modelled an approach to building an institution with multiplicity of thematic funds to manage diverse portfolio of Real Estate Assets. The senior team of six has collective experience of over 100 years.
Currently the Company has received SEBI approval for it’s first AIF and has launched it’s maiden “Special Opportunities Fund”. This fund, which will eventually be around INR 1000 crores, will focus on investing in residential real estate projects or mixed-use projects with a special focus on opportunities such as stressed assets.
Purpose of the role:
The key purpose of the role is to assist in due diligence, drafting commercial agreements and advising on various areas of law. Liaison with external legal agencies and other subject matter experts to ensure the company’s interests are protected and full compliance & risk management is ensured in investment & operations.
- Conversion & Drafting of commercial & business understanding into a “Head of Terms” for investment
- Analyzing & resolving legal complexities in structuring of transactions
- Review & finalization of title diligence & documentation
- Ensuring through diligence; stated project compliance with various government authorities
- Preparation of internal Due diligence reports jointly with the external experts appointed for the purpose
- Finalizing the Execution documentation with external legal counsel’s; basis inputs provided by the Investment Committee and Fund Management team relating to financing
- Closing and post-closing compliance activities including monitoring Conditions Precedent & subsequent as defined under the agreements
- Inspecting & verifying the data for regulatory filings with SEBI and any other relevant regulators
- Advising / obtaining opinions and views on queries relating to Companies Act, AIF Regulations, Stamp duty laws,
- Cognizant with intricacies of federal, state and local taxes and taxing regulations;
- Advising on deal structuring from a co-investment perspective and new investment instruments
- Assisting in NCLT driven matters
Expected working knowledge:
- Drafting of Real Estate Loan / Investment Agreements, Escrow Agreements, Guarantees
- Security creation / Mortgage,
- Real Estate Laws especially relating to Mumbai & Pune
- DCPR 2034
- AIF Regulations
- Companies Act
- IBC Act
Key Behavioral Attributes:
- Solution Driven, Positive Frame of mind
- High on structured approach of resolution with win-win balancing
- Mental preparedness to work in a chaotic atmosphere associated with a start-up
- Extremely high self-drive & entrepreneurship mindset
- High on Integrity and Trust
- Qualified LLB / LLM. Additional CS qualification will be welcome.
- At least 6 years experience in Real Estate laws
- Working with either legal department of leading Real Estate AIFs OR NBFCs OR reputed Law Firms with strong Real Estate practice OR legal department of ARCs.
- Compensation in line with industry standards for the given experience & credentials
To apply for this Job : Click Here