NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Broad Duties And Responsibilities
I) CORPORATE GOVERNANCE AND SECRETARIAL SERVICES:
- Advising on good governance practices and compliance of Corporate Governance norms as prescribed under various Corporate, Securities and Other Business Laws and regulations and guidelines.
- Assists in developing a corporate and social sustainability framework.
- Handles the promotion, formation and incorporation of companies and matters related therewith. Responsible for filing, registering any document including forms, returns and applications by and on behalf of the Company Arranging and coordinating the board/general meetings / EGM and follow-up actions thereof.
- Manages all tasks relating to Shares, securities and their transfer and transmission maintain the statutory registers and minute books, file, forms on behalf of Company and act as the custodian of corporate records, statutory books and registers.
- Manages the Secretarial/Compliance Audit Signing of financial statements, annual returns where necessary and responsible for other declarations, attestations and certifications to be provided as designated Company Secretary and / or officer of the Company.
II) CORPORATE LAWS ADVISORY AND REPRESENTATION SERVICES
- Advises Company and its stakeholders on compliance of legal and procedural aspects under various corporate laws and acts particularly relating to Foreign Exchange, Environment, Labor, Mergers and Acquisitions, Collaborations and JV’s, subsidiaries and Competition.
- Will be responsible to represent the Company and other connected persons before various boards and forums including but not limited to Company Law Board, SEBI, Registrar of Companies, Forums and Other quasi-judicial bodies and Tribunals.
- Assist, participate, partner with internal and external stakeholders in areas of: Corporate Social Responsibility Communication with various stakeholders such as Government, Regulators, Statutory Authorities etc.
III) LEGAL COUNSELLING
- Providing legal advice and support for contracting matters primarily in India by negotiating, drafting and reviewing Business related contracts with customers, partners and suppliers.
- Providing proactive, practical, business-oriented legal advice on contracts, supporting RFI and RFP responses, litigation / disputes related matters.
- Participating in Company’s Law Department activities, including development of best practices.
- Participate in special projects; maintain templates that comply with company policies and local laws; and working closely with other departments of the Company including Business, Services, Finance, Tax Procurement and Operations.
Qualifications & Desired Experience
- Qualified and member of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India along with Law Degree .
- At least 5- 9 years of experience as Company Secretary and Legal Counsel in a multinational IT company
- Experience in negotiating, drafting and reviewing business related contracts
- Knowledge of Indian laws, including contract laws and practices within the technology industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player who works collaboratively with members of the NCR Law Department and other departments at NCR
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under deadlines with minimal advance notice and minimal supervision
- Self-sufficient and independent
- Fluent in English, familiar with legal phrases & wording, including a clear and concise drafting style
To apply for this Job : Click Here