SABIC is a global leader in chemicals headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. From making cars and planes more fuel-efficient, to helping conserve the world’s water supply and enabling colorful smartphone cases, we find solutions to the challenges of today to help our customers achieve their ambitions and build a better tomorrow. We support our customers by identifying and developing opportunities in key end markets such as electrical and electronics, transportation, medical devices, construction, packaging, agri-nutrients and clean energy.
- Primary responsibility for supporting Sr. Manager Compliance in building and maintaining a robust compliance and integrity culture and Compliance and Ethics (C&E) Program, including upholding compliance systems and corporate governance processes, with particular focus on addressing the needs of the Program within Asia-Pacific (Greater China and Rest of Asia).
- Conduct or assist Sr. Manager Compliance to timely conduct through investigation within Asia-Pacific, in close collaboration with other funcitons including legal, IA, Finance, etc.
1) Global Compliance Programs
- As Counsel Compliance APAC, you will support the Senior Compliance Manager APAC in managing SABIC’s ethics and compliance program in APAC and globally. Apart from managing compliance systems you will (co-)develop, update and document ethics and compliance policies and communications, and support a robust integrity culture through drafting communications and designing/delivering trainings on compliance-related and culture-behavioral topics.
2) Region / Country Compliance Initiatives
- You are expected to deeply understand local compliance challenges and opportunities, and develop corresponding plans and initiatives to enhance compliance culture and the effectiveness of compliance programs at region or country level.
- An important part of your job responsibilities will consist of coordinating and leading compliance investigations, in close collaboration with the Senior Compliance Manager APAC, the global Legal-Compliance team and other functional team like HR. You will need to review and assess complaints and allegations, and be able to develop and execute to an investigation plan. You are also expected to provide evidence-based conclusions and recommendations to address root causes.
4) Analysis and Reporting
- You will support the Senior Compliance Manager APAC on proper compliance case data management and will be requested to prepare internal reports on trends and analysis for APAC leadership or the global Compliance Function. When required, you will interact with external authorities.
- Assist in the development and execution of training strategy in the APAC region; develop and provide in-person and remote trainings on compliance-related policies and subject matter
- Provide counsel and advice to business partners regarding the Code of Ethics, and compliance-related matters including anti-corruption, conflict of interest, controllership, trade compliance, etc.
- Partner with key stakeholders to better support awarenss of the ethics and compliance program and gain leadership owernership and engagement in promoting an ethical cuture at region and country level. Participate in business meetings and deliver presentations to managers and other partners about the ethics and compliance.
Minimum qualification & experience:
- Legal background, Indian lawyer bar required, preference for a master law degree;
- High level of integrity; strong compliance focus and knowledge of legal/ regulatory environment;
- Proficiency in the English language (which is the working language within SABIC) is a must; Knowledge of one or more other languages is a plus;
- 5-7 years of experience in building and maintaining a compliance/ethics program as an in-house counsel with minimum 2 years investigation experience. Private practice in an international setting is preferred;
- Experience with compliance case data management tools, compliance investigations and compliance reporting is preferred;
- Strong verbal and writing communication and presentation skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Business oriented personality;
- A strong, yet flexible personality that is able to operate in a multi-cultural and multi-jurisdictional environment;
- A can-do, no-nonsense attitude with a pragmatic and common sense approach.
To apply for this Job : Click Here