In a world of generalists, we are the specialists. #NetApp
Industries: IT Services and IT Consulting
Company size: 10,001+ employees
Headquarters: San Jose, California
Type: Public Company
Job Summary NetApp is a multi-billion-dollar corporate technology leader and highly sought-after place to work. You have an opportunity to join our world-class legal department supporting our growing business in India. You will have responsibility for providing strategic intellectual property business counseling to engineering teams and management. We are looking for an attorney or patent agent who is curious and eager to educate engineers and management on IP issues. You should also have excellent business judgment, ability to think strategically and globally, and to give practical advice relating IP issues
- Work closely with technical teams within the company to capture key innovations within organizations.
- Prepare and conduct training to engineers and management on intellectual property rights, including patents, trade secrets, and confidential information.
- Organize and lead IP harvesting sessions with engineering teams to identify patentable ideas.
- Independently identify innovations and assist inventors in preparation of invention disclosures.
- Assessments of innovations and drafting of invention disclosure forms.
- Prepare initial patentability searches.
- Manage outside counsel in drafting and prosecution of patent applications.
- Assist with patent analysis work, patent litigations, IPRs, and M&A activities as needed.
- Become a trusted partner to business clients and cross-functional stakeholders, and provide actionable guidance on IP issues and risks.
- Providing other IP support as needed.
The successful candidate’s profile shall ideally include:
- Bachelor of laws, LLB or equivalent qualification to practice law in India.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in electrical engineering, computer science, or closely related discipline.
- At least two years of patent drafting experience, including all stages of patent preparation and prosecution.
- Understanding of US, EPO and PCT patent laws and procedures.
- Ability and interest in developing a deep understanding of our products and services portfolio, market segments, value propositions, routes to market, and business models.
- A “Get Things Done” mindset, and ability to find and present simple, practical, and actionable solutions to complex problems.
- Technically sound with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional proficiency level in English.
- Excellent time management, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think strategically and creatively, and to develop win-win solutions.
- Ability to thrive in a high performance, fast-paced environment and to multitask, prioritize effectively and execute quickly.
- Team player with a good sense of humor and high level of integrity, responsibility and professionalism, and the ability to work in a dynamic, team-based deadline-oriented environment.
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
To apply for this Job : Click Here