Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing things, make decisions quickly, and are not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one.
Amazon’s India Legal Department is looking for a smart, experienced, and highly motivated attorney to support India and coordinate with legal teams in the Asia-Pacific region to engage with regulators and be a part of the litigation team to manage its portfolio of competition litigation and regulatory matters and to advise the company on legal and business risk management issues.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing and supervising India and international matters focused on competition issues in the region, including directly engaging with government officials and regulators. You will assist in directing overall case and matter strategy (including selecting and managing outside counsel); assessing risk and coordinating with senior leadership on risk management; and provide advice and counsel to internal stakeholders on a broad spectrum of complex and often novel legal issues.
The position will be located in New Delhi.
- Minimum of six years of post-qualified legal experience with several years at leading law firm in region
- Minimum of four years of broad international experience advising on competition litigation and regulatory issues with expertise in at least one Asia-Pacific country in which Amazon operates
- LLB degree (J.D. or equivalent) from leading university or law school; Any additional qualification specialization in competition law preferred.
- In house experience or Licensed to practice law in India.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Having flexible work schedule to accommodate international time zones. Some travel, domestic and international, may be required
- Experience working as in-house counsel with a multinational company and/or technology company doing business in the Asia-Pacific region or a leading law firm and with direct experience of working with relevant regulators
- Hands-on experience in complex business litigation, in particular on antitrust/competition matters, including trial experience and counseling parties and witnesses in a variety of pre-dispute and dispute resolution contexts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working closely with and advising senior executives of an organization
- Ability to manage a large number and variety of mission-critical projects, working independently and often in ambiguous environments
- Sound and practical business judgment and common sense. Familiarity with retail, internet, software, and/or media industries and the legal and regulatory environment in which they operate
- Ability to work independently and remotely, while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Strong team player with demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and efficiently with paralegals, assistants, other lawyers, and business clients
- Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity
To apply for this Job : Click Here