Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing things, make decisions quickly, and are not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one.
Job Role and Description
Amazon’s Legal Department is looking for a smart and talented business lawyer to support our rapidly growing and evolving private brands and advertising business in India. This is an individual contributor position based in Bangalore. Some domestic and international travel may be required. The Corporate Counsel will report to Associate General Counsel.
In this role, you will counsel the private brands and advertising teams on a broad range of legal matters involving foreign direct investment, competition, product compliance, consumer protection, legal metrology, information technology and intellectual property laws. You will be primarily responsible for advising on cutting-edge business initiatives; providing day-to-day corporate and business law counseling; conducting legal review and structuring of business programs and products; advising on procedural, product compliance matters; and resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and pre-litigation legal disputes. You will also be involved in structuring, drafting and negotiating day to day as well as complex high dollar value advertising contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and assess business processes/products, spot issues and structure practical solutions.
- Excellent legal and business judgment along with diligence in meeting commitments.
- Ability to function independently yet communicates laterally and upwardly with ease.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and coordinate complex issues and projects with diverse and multiple internal/external stakeholders is crucial.
- Law degree (LL.B) from a leading university or law school
- 8+ years of legal experience (with several years of experience at a leading law firm and/or in-house at a large organization employing large number of employees).
- Company Secretarial certification and practice experience in India
- Competence in broad range of corporate and business laws, especially in laws related to technology, product compliance, consumer protection, FMCG sector, e-commerce, intellectual property, legal metrology, privacy laws competition laws and overall compliance.
- Experience in advising multi-national companies and businesses operating at scale
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple stakeholders, multiple projects, smartly prioritize and meet stringent deadlines.
To apply for this Job : Click Here