Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing things, make decisions quickly, and are not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one.
We are looking for a talented Corporate Counsel – Devices to support our rapidly evolving and expanding consumer devices businesses in India. Lawyers at Amazon are trusted members of the business. Our work is intellectually challenging, exciting and fast-paced. Developing innovative solutions to novel legal questions is part of our daily job. Like everyone at Amazon, we are passionate about our customers.
You will serve as the primary lawyer responsible for counseling the Amazon devices business on a broad range of legal, commercial, technology, privacy, compliance and regulatory matters in connection with development, sale and distribution of Amazon devices (Fire TV, Echo, Kindle) in India. You will provide day-to-day advice to the business on a wide range of issues including product development, technology/innovation, and post-launch product safety and regulatory matters. You will be involved in structuring, drafting and negotiating complex commercial transactions related to distribution, marketing, technology and licensing. You will work directly with the business, serving as lead counsel on strategic initiatives and key deals, helping evaluate and launch new and innovative products, resolve matters that arise in existing commercial relationships and handle pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries. The role would also require counseling business on relevant legal and regulatory developments.
Throughout all the above tasks, you will closely coordinate local and global legal teams and outside counsel. The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
This position is based in Bangalore. Some travel, domestic and international, will be required.
About The Team
This role is part of the legal team that supports Amazon’s devices and digital businesses in India.
- LL.B. (undergraduate law degree) from a top tier university in India.
- A minimum of 8+ years of experience as a lawyer (with several years of experience at a leading global law firm and/or in-house at a major multinational corporation).
- High degree of independence, initiative and decisiveness but also a desire to be challenged and think outside the box
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, as well as demonstrated proficiency in working closely with and advising senior executives of an organization.
- A team player and consensus builder with great people skills who can effectively and efficiently collaborate and build relationships with attorneys and business clients at all levels throughout the organization.
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment.
- Outstanding legal and business judgment especially in ambiguous situations.
- Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity.
- In-house or law firm experience in technology / product counseling / consumer devices space
To apply for this Job : Click Here