Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with 209 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
As Content Grievances Counsel, your legal expertise and Media & Entertainment industry experience enables you to work across any situation that may be encountered related to handling content related grievances and representing Netflix in legal or regulatory forums in India. You are unfazed by last minute surprises that may arise as you strategize legal defences in the best interest of Netflix. You understand the dynamics of content creation and building a legal defence and know when and how to align the appropriate teams when complicated content grievance issues arise. You are comfortable evaluating risk with imperfect information and have the confidence to make quick decisions. You have an expert eye for detail. You are an ace at handling data trackers and are passionate about the media and entertainment industry and are excited to learn more about the business from a non-traditional perspective. Above all, you have an opinion and are willing to voice it.
Job Role and Responsibilities
- Manage workflow for content related grievances.
- Collaborate with several internal stakeholders and rapidly respond to all content grievances received.
- Manage and collaborate with external legal counsels as and when required.
- Handle interactions with any legal, regulatory and quasi-judicial authorities relating to content grievances.
- Manage and maintain content grievance databases and trackers.
- 8+ years of working experience as an in-house lawyer in the Indian media and entertainment industry or as a counsel in a law firm specializing in the area of media and entertainment.
- Meticulous understanding of Media & Entertainment laws, Intellectual Property laws, Civil and Criminal laws, Information Technology laws and Constitutional law.
- Strong experience of handling pre-litigation and litigation work related to content creation, production and distribution in India.
- Good knowledge of filmed entertainment.
- Experience managing a heavy workflow independently.
- Outstanding communication skills and excels at creative and innovative thinking.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple mandates under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment interacting & collaborating with cross-functional internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly collaborative and responds positively to pressure, change and new ideas.
- Curious and eager to tackle matters outside the areas of expertise.
To apply for this Job : Click Here