Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
This role requires the provision of high-quality advice to the business on a broad range of commercial, contract and operational matters to help ensure the build, distribution and operations of the business comply with applicable laws and contractual commitments.
- Provide legal support to the payment transaction service business unit and operations & technology divisions at Mastercard.
- Structure, draft, and negotiate various agreements, including complex technology outsourcing agreements, with customers, strategic partners, financial institutions, and vendors.
- Partner with the product, technology, sales, compliance, marketing, communications, and others to provide legal guidance related to the Product and Engineering business unit and/or the broader markets, ensuring comprehensive, end-to-end legal support by facilitating thoughtful risk-taking to enable Mastercard to deliver on strategy.
- Provide product legal guidance related to the development and distribution of new product offerings, including review of IP rights, information security, information technology considerations, regulatory compliance, data privacy design, documentation content, and vendor related requirements.
- Coordinate and collaborate with subject matter experts on data privacy, intellectual property, regulatory, public policy, franchise, security, finance, sales, emerging payments, and other internal and external stakeholders to ensure products and agreements are consistent with corporate strategy and internal policies and procedures.
- Keep track of relevant regulatory circulars in the region and promptly advise stakeholders of its implications on business operations and legal risks.
- Establish a thorough understanding of the business to operate as a trusted advisor to business clients on a daily basis with respect to wide-ranging issues, to help set and implement strategy for such teams, take responsibility for projects that benefit the team or department, and manage the day-to-day matters in coordination with colleagues as appropriate.
All About You
- Law degree from an established and reputable university.
- Demonstrated transactional technology background and sound business and legal judgment, with minimum post-qualification experience of 5-7 years in a reputed organization, preferably from payments or financial services industry.
- Proficiency in contract drafting and negotiation and experience in commercial practices generally are required.
- Aside from being a proven individual contributor, must be able to work as part of a team, and have strong collaborative and multi-tasking skills and experience with coordinating cross-functional teams to execute initiatives and transactions.
- General understanding of regulatory environment especially circulars issued by RBI and other regulators for AP regions.
- Must be able to strike a balance between the two principal objectives of being a facilitator to the business and protecting the interests of the company.
- Quick learner, stress resistant, ability to grasp complex new business concepts, good commercial acumen, and creative approach to problem-solving.
- A proactive, time-sensitive, results driven approach in carrying out all duties, obligations, and responsibilities.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All Activities Involving Access To Mastercard Assets, Information, And Networks Comes With An Inherent Risk To The Organization And Therefore, It Is Expected That The Successful Candidate For This Position Must
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security.
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
To apply for this Job : Click Here