For over 200 years, JPMorgan Chase & Co has provided innovative financial solutions for consumers, small businesses, corporations, governments and institutions around the world. Today, we’re a leading global financial services firm with operations servicing clients in more than 100 countries. Whether we are serving customers, helping small businesses, or putting our skills to work with partners, we strive to identify issues and propose solutions that will propel the future and strengthen both our clients and our communities.
Legal Department Description
The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co is responsible for the provision of legal services to the Corporation and is organized by practice groups that generally align with the Corporation’s lines of business and corporate staff areas. This structure encourages legal teams and businesses and staff areas to discuss legal, regulatory and business developments effectively and in a timely manner.
The successful candidate will be a member in the Markets MCC team (‘Markets MCC team member”) and will be responsible for
- the Markets MCC team’s provision of legal transactional support to the APAC Markets businesses based on internal guidance and standard operating procedures, including:
- review and support of wholesale financial transactional documentation including credit, trading, TOBs, prime brokerage, derivatives and regulatory driven documentation;
- review of constitutional documents, to ensure that all the requisite corporate consents and capacity and authority requirements are in place prior to finalization of agreements and subsequent commencement of business or trading;
- providing support on global documentation or remediation projects;
- providing gap analysis and summary of transaction and client specific deviations in negotiated agreements from standardized templates or against playbooks and policy manuals to identify discrepancies, escalation mechanisms and managing remediation exercises;
- entering and managing data from standardized or negotiated agreements into internal systems and assisting in the maintenance of databases relating to firm-wide initiatives; and
- drafting, reviewing and finalizing documentation including notices, consents, MOUs, LOIs and RFPs, etc. in accordance with existing templates.
Qualifications And Experience
- A minimum of 2-7 years PQE in professional practice and/or in in-house experience covering Markets related work in a comparable financial institution;
- Strong drafting, negotiation and legal analytical skills;
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to interact with senior business personnel and stakeholders in other functions;
- Self-directed and highly motivated attitude coupled with an ability to work collaboratively in a high performing team;
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively at a local, regional and global level and work in a cross-functional, cross-jurisdiction, team to achieve common goals;
- Competency in the use of technology, documentation management systems and shared databases will be viewed favorably;
- Ability to identify and escalate issues timely and appropriately;
- Comfortable working to metrics and data measurement systems; and
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and within tight deadlines.
To apply for this Job : Click Here