Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,100 properties with more than 971,000 rooms, in 119 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2019 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2019 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, more than 103 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information.
As the Counsel, Operations and Owner Relations – Asia Pacific, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards
- Provide advice relating to day-to-day hotel operations.
- Negotiate and draft Management Agreements and Franchise Agreements.
- Assist and / or oversee the assistance to business partners with drafting, negotiating or counseling on business-critical matters in a manner consistent with Hilton policies, procedures, forms and past practice and with the highest level of legal service, and / or obtaining local counsel advice where business partners have additional legal needs.
- Ensure high standard of frontline and local backup support and implementation for other business and legal areas, including Compliance, Corporate, Brands & Commercial Services, Employment and Dispute Resolution, and partnering with Legal Department colleagues in APAC, EMEA and US where needed.
- Develop and implement legal strategies to address operational issues including dispute resolution.
- Provide strategic advice and strategies to business partners to manage owner relations issues including adherence to existing contracts.
- Formulate training program for business partners and identify, plan and implement additional self-service programs for hotels to help themselves on recurring matters wherever possible.
- Address issues raised by business partners regarding implementation and negotiation of standardized form agreements of general use to hotels and business units.
- Work with standard systems and procedures of Hilton’s Legal Department and strategic role in the continuous improvement and updating of these systems.
- Leverage effective partnerships with outside counsel resources, internal clients, and other corporate departments.
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow
A Counsel, Operations and Owner Relations – Asia Pacific serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
- Law degree from a common law jurisdiction.
- 5-7 years post-qualification experience in a law firm with some prior in-house legal experience.
- Familiar with India law, including regulatory regimes and exposure to legal frameworks in multiple jurisdictions.
- A “generalist” with experience in general corporate and commercial law.
- Transaction management experience including negotiating documents to conclusion.
- Experience in managing and conducting litigation.
- Experience working for or advising MNCs.
- Good management skills in a multicultural, decentralized environment.
- Ability to create and maintain strong relations with all levels in the organization.
- Assertive, resilient and patient.
- Self-motivated and success orientated.
- High strategic and analytical skills, presenting solutions to challenges.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work irregular hours to accommodate global time differences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that build trust and instill confidence in order to motivate and influence others.
- Ability to initiate and direct collaborative efforts of multiple teams throughout Hilton , including internal resources, external resources and other constituent groups as appropriate with aim of furthering Hilton’s goals.
- Strict compliance with applicable laws, company policies, and the highest standards of professional responsibility, ethics and integrity.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems.
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage details through to completion and ensure project deadlines are met.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Solid grounding and understanding of financial statements and structures.
- Prior exposure to hospitality or hotel operations legal work, understanding of the business and legal aspects of a variety of hotel transactions, including management and franchise agreements is advantageous.
- Demonstrate and exemplify hospitable service skills appropriate to the hospitality industry.
To apply for this Job : Click Here