EVC Ventures is a Miami-based Venture Capital private equity fund with over $100mm in assets under management and a focus on mid-market technology companies.
EVC Ventures is looking to hire a Director of Legal Affairs who must have US and India legal management experience and proven track record in working with technology companies.
Timings: 8 am – 5 pm ET (5:30pm to 2:30am or 4pm – 1am IST)
- Standardizing corporate documents by establishing Board-approved templates
- Digitizing corporate documents and approval workflows via e-signature tools and resources
- Manage corporate insurance and healthcare contracts, terms, policies and costs
- Research and analyzing legal issues and advising the Board
- Represent portfolio companies in legal matters including litigation
- Lead and manage the negotiation of major contracts
- Prepare and review documents related to M&A transactions including LOIs, Termsheets, Purchase Agreements, and Disclosure Schedules
- Assist in the negotiation and settlement of contracts
- Manage outside counsel as required and approved and in a cost-effective manner
- Maintain logs of all legal correspondence, timesheets and expenses
- Other duties as assigned by the Board
- J.D. (or similar) and membership in good standing
- Practicing attorney with active FL bar license and ability to practice law in Florida (or Gurgaon and/or Delhi)
- 12+ years of overall experience within an established law firm with 3-5 years of experience as in-house counsel (or equivalent)
- Experience working in high-growth tech company
- Adept in using technology including MS Office, timesheet systems, datarooms, and e-signature resources.
- Experience in business strategy (in particular, experience participating in discussions of business strategy and decision-making, with a willingness to weigh in on business strategy questions beyond simply providing the legal point of view)
- Experience in litigation
- Experience in raising private market equity, as well as M&A. IPO or other public market experience would be a plus.
- International business experience, and knowledge of international compliance/regulations
- Comfort with rolling up your sleeves and doing your own drafting, commenting, or other legal work
- Strong ability to turn legalese into language that everyone understands and believes in
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, holding yourself and others accountable with kindness and humility
- Impeccable written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Highly organized and able to juggle many projects at any given time
To apply for this Job : Click Here