The foundation of The Phoenix Mills Ltd. was laid by the young visionary Mr. Ramnarayan Ruia in the year 1905 when Phoenix commenced operations as a textile manufacturing company. In 1959, Phoenix was listed on the BSE & in 1986, 2 prime commercial centers, Phoenix House and Phoenix Center with a total area spread over 350 thousand sq. ft. became operational. Followed by the success of these commercial projects, High Street Phoenix (HSP) was launched in 1987, as the flagship consumption center housing retail, entertainment, residential and office complexes.
(List major responsibilities, that you have, to achieve the key objectives)
- Coordinate with the Retailers / Leasing to obtain documents required for registration
- Update weekly legal tracker to cover LoIs received, LLA Prepare / Executed, Top Sheets prepares, and retain/file all originals LOIs and Letters received
- Support the Manager – Legal in ensuring that the registration of the final agreement document is carried out as per statutory guidelines
- Verify all accompanying documents as per the standard checklist (covering letter, area certificate and plans, Board Resolution, AoA, MoU, Indemnity Bond and addendum etc.)
- Ensure cheques for security deposit, stamp duty and registration charges are received, and an authorized person from the retailer side is available for appearance before the registering authority
- Coordinate with the accounts team to get the pay order made for franking of stamp duty
- Conduct Registrations of all Agreements duly post verification from Retailer and Leasing
- Update the Registration database with salient details
- Save all scan copies registered Agreements in Share Drive for easy retrieval of all.
- Ensure one of the two notarized copies of the original agreement is archived with the legal team for safe custody
- Help the Manager – Legal in preparing letters for the fit-out process (Indemnity Bonds, Undertakings etc.) closer to the time of mall opening and send them to the Ops team
- Prepare Folder for every Retailer with all documents as per the Legal Checklist.
- Is the custodian of all Notarized copies of contracts / legal documentation concerned with all stakeholders at the Centre (including Leave & License Agreements, Service Agreements, Notices, and Replies etc.)
- Check all documents are signed by the correct signatory from the organization.
- Prepare drafts of NOC to retailers for finalization by the Manager – Legal
- Support the Center’s legal team in the legacy litigation cases by maintaining records of dates/appearances etc.
- Prepare the regular/ monthly MIS reports for Registrations undertaken for the Corporate Legal team’s Review
(i.e education, training etc.)
- Graduate / Post Graduate in Law from a reputed institute
- Qualified Solicitor
(required for performing the job effectively)
- Good understanding, interpretation of laws.
- Good communication skills.
- Drafting of documents – related to property.
To apply for this Job : Click Here