SIS is a Mumbai-based shipping company that has been operating ocean going tankers for the last 19 years after being incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956, in Mumbai (India) on 2nd of May, 2002. The company is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company by the American Bureau of Shipping and is in conformance with the quality standards set by them. It is also registered under the Directorate General of Shipping, Government of India. SIS is committed to safe transportation, efficient services and cleaner seas. It recognizes the responsibility of the safety of life at sea and ensures a cleaner environment, hence develops and maintains high standards of its fleet. The company on account of its performance has been a profit making company since inception.
Company: Seven Islands Group
Location : Mumbai
Position : Executive – Legal and Compliance
Experience : 1-2 years of experience, candidates from Practicing Company Secretary / Law firm preferred.
Requirement: Qualified or Semi-qualified CS and LLB
- Understanding of legal documents and terminologies
- Basic understanding and exposure to international commercial and technology law and terminologies will be an added advantage
- Should exhibit comfort working with technology and the ability to learn and display proficiency on technical systems and programs.
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel proficiency is required – specific focus on excel macros)
- Knowledge of document automation, contract analysis and other legal tech software an advantage
Role/Job Description :
- Our journey started in 2002, when the Promoter group of Master Mariners, founded Seven Islands Shipping Limited, a closely held Company. We are engaged in seaborne transportation. We have comprehensive, in-house operations and management capabilities, manned by experienced personnel, following well-defined standard operating procedures. We have a team of 70+ employees working offshore at our office situated in Mumbai and 500+ crew members sailing on our vessels.
- Being a Shipping and Logistics Group, we are subject to various foreign laws. The Legal and Compliance team is responsible for providing corporate governance and legal support to entities within Seven Islands’ consolidated group by setting the requirements and procedures for understanding and complying with the laws, regulations and Company policies that apply to our businesses.
- The responsibilities will involve a broad range of tasks such as maintenance of and reporting from a corporate database, drafting company legal documents, preparing due diligence records and statutory compliances.
- Drafting and vetting of various agreements viz. service agreement, Leave and License agreement/Lease Deed, Non-disclosure agreement, agency agreements, undertaking, declaration, indemnity, commercial contracts, legal documents etc
- Advising various business verticals and functions on legal issues
- Interpretation of laws and regulations and advising on their applicability
- Strategizing and formulating litigation strategy in line with commercial objectives of the Company
- Drafting and vetting court pleadings, legal notices, responses to legal notices etc.
- Conducting legal research and assisting in other ad hoc project work
- Should have keen interest in learning and applying expertise with respect to international laws and regulations to provide advice on international transactions and transactions related to the group entities.
- Conducting board meetings, committee meetings, shareholders meetings and drafting agenda and minutes
- Handling key compliances / projects arising out of strategic initiatives such as structuring, rights issue, buyback, demat of shares etc
- Ensure timely filings of all forms and documents with statutory authorities such as RoC, RBI etc
- Ensure timely FEMA compliances such as filing ODI, APR forms, etc
- Responsible for maintaining all relevant statutory registers and records as per the provisions of Companies Act and other allied Acts as applicable.
- Assist in corporate actions and compliance with various key matters like related party transactions, governance practices, board processes etc.
- Ensuring company’s compliance with laws and regulations through detailed reports
- Develop and implement internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Registration with various statutory authorities.
To apply for this Job : Click Here