EY exists to build a better working world, helping create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Your Key Responsibilities
You will be responsible for reviewing, negotiating and advising on various contracts, including:
- Information Technology Contracts (HW/SW/Professional Services/SAAS and emerging models);
- Meeting and events contracts;
- Services contracts including Facility Management Services;
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Understanding the priorities of stakeholders and how they impact the procurement of products and services.
- Coordinating with cross functional teams (tax, finance, procurement, data privacy, information security, etc.,) with respect to ongoing transactions as appropriate.
- Understanding the EY policies that are relevant to procurement transactions and how contract drafting, negotiation and execution are impacted by those policies.
- Ensuring that all contractual documents are executed in compliance with EY policies.
- Providing solution oriented advice and constantly providing feedback around the practices in the interest of efficiency and increasing agility.
- Understanding of the impact of changes in EY policies, organizational structure, and procedures and promptly implementing them in practice.
- Knowledge, competency and skill requirements
- Demonstrate unquestionably high standard of ethics, integrity and values.
- Be able to manage client expectations in a high-pressure, changing environment while maintaining a calm, professional working style.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, including creativity and innovative thinking.
- Possess excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English, strong presentation skills for interacting with senior stakeholders.
- Be able to summarize technical concepts into communications that can be understood by the stakeholders.
- Bring innovation to improve processes and work products and have ability to learn/adapt quickly when required.
- Excellent negotiations skills – It would also be preferable if the candidates had at least some experience negotiating with Global MNCs.
- Ability to assess size, scope and overall risk of contemplated transactions and to tailor contracts accordingly;
- Solutions oriented with relentless focus on world class execution of projects and tasks;
- Service-oriented personality, proficient at delivering the highest quality of work within deadlines;
- Inclination to propose initiatives and be proactive in seeking change.
- Demonstrated ability to adopt technology, being comfortable with use of tech tools, PPTs etc. will be an added advantage.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor of law
- Hands on experience in commercial contracts
- Minimum experience of 3 years
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Worked in an In-House Legal Department of a Global MNC supporting commercial contracts
- Exposure to disputes emerging from commercial contracts
- Exposure to multiple jurisdictions beyond India
To apply for this Job : Click Here