EY exists to build a better working world, helping create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
GDS Contracts and Employment Lawyer
The GDS firms are various service delivery centers from which EY Client Service and Enablement Services teams operate to deliver strategic support to EY member firms. GDS spans all geographies, practices, services lines, sectors and competencies within EY to deliver deeply integrated services that result in efficient and world-class solutions.
Our Global Delivery Services business (GDS) is seeking a qualified lawyer to support commercial contracts and employment law matters as part of the GDS legal team. The lawyer will advise, oversee and provide strategic direction on all matters pertaining to contract and employment issues across the GDS locations.
The GDS Legal Team is part of the Global GCO team and is responsible for all legal support to the GDS business.
Job Title: Global GDS Legal Counsel
Function: General Counsel’s Office
You will be part of the GDS legal team responsible for advising or overseeing advice in relation to all contract and employment law related matters across the GDS centres in India, Poland, China, Argentina, the Philippines, UK and other upcoming GDS locations. You will be working closely with the other members of the GDS Legal Team, GDS Talent team as well as business stakeholders in all GDS locations.
Your key responsibilities
Your primary responsibility will be to work alongside the GDS GCO Contract Lead and the GDS Employment Lead, to assist and advise on all aspects relating to contract and employment/labour law issues.
The incumbent in the role shall:
- Possess sound understanding on contract and employment/labour laws in India and work with the other GDS jurisdictions to oversee advice and strategy on employment law matters.
- Create documents of support relating to employment law and employee relations, including memos and templates in compliance with legal requirements.
- Support the Employment Lead and HR teams in formulating and/or revising Policies.
- Support the organization with the applicable legal requirements on the POSH (or equivalent) matters and wherever required with the Internal Committees.
- You will be responsible for drafting, negotiating and advising on various contracts, in particular: sponsorship contracts; meeting and events contracts; services contracts; corporate responsibility contracts.
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Sound knowledge and understanding of contract and employment/labour laws of India, together with experience of working with other jurisdictions in a global corporate environment.
- Commercial awareness of the business issues facing the GDS organisation across locations.
- The ability to translate complex legal advice into practical advice for a range of stakeholders who may be unfamiliar with the legal environment.
- Build & maintain trusted and effective inter-personal relationships and adopt a sensitive approach to intercultural contacts, communication and ways of working.
- Highest standards of excellence and personal integrity.
- Being flexible, organised and adaptable; able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and prioritise key areas of responsibility where deadlines may conflict.
- Strong personal communication skills, including an excellent command of the English language.
- Sound decision-making based on risk assessment and evaluation.
- Ability to operate with limited supervision, whilst keeping leadership abreast of key matters.
- Strong written skills, including drafting legal advice, contracts and policies.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor of law
- Hands on experience in Commercial Contracts and in handling Labour law matters
- Minimum experience of 7 years
To apply for this Job : Click Here