EY exists to build a better working world, helping create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Your Key Responsibilities
The work within GDS Legal team across all GDS locations is highly varies and covers all corporate matters arising from the running and expansion of our professional services business.
You will be responsible for advising on, negotiating and managing (including management of external counsel) corporate acquisitions and actions in relation to EY GDS including:
- drafting pre-diligence documentation (NDAs, letters of intent);
- providing advice on structuring of transactions;
- co-ordinating the legal due diligence and ensuring any risks identified in the legal and other diligence are addressed;
- reviewing and negotiating the purchase agreement in conjunction with external counsel;
- drafting various firm governance approvals;
- interfacing with internal and senior stakeholders on all aspects of an acquisition; and
- advising on the legal aspects of integration.
You will be required to implement and monitor an operating framework appropriate to each jurisdiction. You will also be required to keep the team appraised on changes in clauses pursuant to policy changes, ensuring availability of updated templates and guidance materials.
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Coordinating with cross functional teams (tax, finance, location leaders) with respect to ongoing transactions as appropriate.
- Working with internal clients to develop strategies to address issues identified.
- Strong team player with excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Demonstrable commitment to the attributes of our highest performing teams – focus on results, accepting of accountability, committed, embraces healthy conflict, builds trust.
- Keeps calm and copes well with conflicting and ever-changing deadlines.
- Ability to lead, provide a view, take responsibility and ownership of issues, including an ability to take difficult decisions and provide substantiated arguments.
- Commercial awareness of the business issues facing us as we evolve, coupled with an active desire to get alongside our business, scanning the horizon for new service offerings to provide legal insight and support.
- Knowledge, competency and skill requirements
- Demonstrate unquestionably high standard of ethics, integrity and values.
- Be able to manage client expectations in a high-pressure, changing environment while maintaining a calm, professional working style.
- Possess excellent leadership skills including the ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, including creativity and innovative thinking.
- Possess excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English, strong interpersonal and presentation skills interacting with senior stakeholders.
- Be able to summarize complex, technical concepts into communications that can be understood by the team and other stakeholders.
- Feel comfortable and confident in a challenging global environment (face-to-face and virtual), be sensitive to cross-cultural differences and current international events.
- Demonstrate flexible teaming skills (both face to face and in a virtual setting), e.g., be able to translate guidelines from leadership into well-structured, practical and clear instructions for others.
- Bring innovation to improve processes and work products and have ability to learn/adapt quickly when required.
- Ability to assess size, scope and overall risk of contemplated transactions and to tailor the documentation accordingly;
- Solutions oriented with relentless focus on world class execution of projects and tasks;
- Strong service-oriented personality, proficient at delivering the highest quality of work within deadlines;
- High levels of personal energy and appetite for work and success. Inclination to propose initiatives and be proactive in seeking change.
- Demonstrated ability to adopt technology, being comfortable with use of tech tools, PPTs etc. will be an added advantage.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor of law
- Hands on experience in Corporate Structuring, M&As and related Transactions
- Minimum experience of 10 years
To apply for this Job : Click Here