EY exists to build a better working world, helping create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
- Our Global Delivery Services business (GDS) is seeking a qualified lawyer to support employment and labour law matters as part of the GDS legal team.
- The GDS Legal Team is part of the Global GCO team and is responsible for all legal support to the GDS business.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Your primary responsibility will be to work alongside the GDS GCO Lead Employment Counsel, to assist and advise on all aspects relating to employment/labour law issues.
- The incumbent in the role shall:
- Possess sound understanding on employment/labour laws and have experience of working in global environment to oversee advice and strategy on employment law matters.
- Create documents relating to employment law and employee relations, including memos and templates in compliance with legal requirements.
- Support the Lead Employment Counsel and HR/Talent teams in formulating, reviewing, and revising policies.
- Identify the legal risks in a transaction and develop risk mitigation plans for the same in partnership with the Talent.
- Possess sound understanding and global perspective in relation to the investigation principles and processes.
- Possess sound knowledge related to compliances and policies for contract labour, fixed -term employees and gig resources.
- Possess fair understanding of immigration and mobility issues.
- Have a fair understanding of legal issues and solutions related to employee transfers and transitions in M&A and outsourcing scenarios.
- Support the organization with the applicable legal requirements on the POSH (or equivalent) matters and wherever required with the Internal Committees.
- Support Employee Relations and Talent with proactive dispute resolution strategy.
- Have experience of appearing before the labour offices and regulatory bodies.
- Partner with Talent and Risk function to develop a comprehensive labour compliance program to proactively ensure compliance with applicable labour laws.
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to establish oneself as a credible advisor for the business functions and come across as prompt to reach and accessible to reach out.
- Commercial awareness of the business issues facing the GDS organisation across locations.
- The ability to translate complex legal advice into practical advice for a range of stakeholders who may be unfamiliar with the legal environment.
- Build & maintain trusted and effective inter-personal relationships and adopt a sensitive approach to intercultural contacts, communication and ways of working.
- Highest standards of excellence and personal integrity.
- Being flexible, organised and adaptable; able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and prioritise key areas of responsibility where deadlines may conflict.
- Strong personal communication skills, including an excellent command of the English language. Another language is a benefit.
- Sound decision-making based on risk assessment and evaluation.
- Ability to operate with limited supervision, whilst keeping leadership abreast of key matters.
- Strong written skills, including drafting legal advice, contracts and policies.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor of law
- Hands on experience in in handling Labour law matters
- Minimum experience of 7 years
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Prior experience of working in an In-house Legal Department supporting employment law matters and labor compliances across multiple jurisdictions.
- Prior experience of dealing with labor and employment litigation as well as with regulatory authorities would be an advantage.
What We Look For
- Unquestioned ethics and integrity.
- High level of intellectual agility, initiative, self-motivation, resourcefulness and patience.
- Pragmatic with good business acumen.
- Composed individual with good judgement.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
To apply for this Job : Click Here