We help organizations grow! We do this confidentially!
Who you’ll be working with: You will work closely with CEOs of Group Companies, the CFO’s team, and Secretarial and compliance teams.
Who you are:
As a General Counsel, you will provide and set strategic direction, sound balanced legal advice on a wide range of corporate commercial matters. You will lead and manage the in-house legal department. Acting as a representative of the Organization when dealing with third parties, including outside counsel; and being a key negotiator for strategic transactions.
You’ll be: A People Manager (team of 8 to 10)
What you’ll do:
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to management
- To be actively involved in managing potential litigation and ensure that the Organization interest is protected.
- Set internal governance policies and manage the impact of external factors
- Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and effects of any decision or course of action
- Expect issues and estimate risks strategically. Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks.
- Accountability for corporate compliance and legal issues. Oversight for various legal regulatory and government affairs related matters.
- To advise on employment-related issues, e.g. termination, severance, mutual separation, outsourcing arrangements, employment templates
- Setting internal governance policies and manage the impact of external factors
- Advising executive members on new laws, existing laws and legal rights that would affect the functionality of the business
- Create associations of trust and respect with key stakeholders
- Write various internal legal contracts, negotiating and managing client and vendor contracts and ensuring legal compliance regarding employee safety and mergers and acquisitions.
- Deal with external parties (regulators, external counsel, politicians, clients)
- Attract, develop, direct, motivate and drive performance from the team
- Draft agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights
- Meet legal objectives
- Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas
- Keep abreast of legislative changes
What we are looking for:
- LLB qualified Candidates
- Experience in working with global clients, with a successful record in achieving sales, brand building, network development & profit targets
- Have a strong network among the CHRO, C&B (payroll) community
- Be comfortable and familiar with technology & domain
- Able to lead & collaborate well with cross-functional teams
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, litigations, labour law, etc)
- In-depth understanding of how legal issues affect organisations
- High professional ethics, integrity and gravitas
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to “see around the corner”
To apply for this Job : Click Here