EVC Ventures is a Chicago-based Venture Capital fund focused globally on early-stage startups. It is committed to converting entrepreneurial ideas into compelling fundable propositions and viable businesses in the shortest possible time. Since inception, EVC Ventures has invested in a diversified portfolio of startups and has interest in EdTech, Artificial Intelligence, SaaS, Mobile Apps, Security, AR/VR, Drone Technology, and Robotics. EVC Ventures has also been awarded the “Best Early-Stage VC Fund Since Inception” by Wealth & Finance International News. EVC Ventures operates accelerators in both the United States and India, where it provides capital and mentorship support to help entrepreneurs turn their ideas into unicorns.
EVC Ventures is looking to hire a General Counsel who must have legal, financial, insurance, healthcare, litigation, M&A transactions, HR, data security policy and compliance experience and proven track record in working with fast-paced organizations.
Timings: 8 am – 5 pm ET (5:30pm to 2:30am or 4pm – 1am IST)
Location: Work from Home
- Standardizing corporate documents by establishing Board-approved templates
- Digitizing corporate documents and approval workflows via e-signature tools and resources
- Manage corporate insurance and healthcare contracts, terms, policies and costs
- Research and analyzing legal issues and advising the Board
- Represent portfolio companies in legal matters including litigation
- Lead and manage the negotiation of major contracts
- Prepare and review documents related to M&A transactions including LOIs, Termsheets, Purchase Agreements, and Disclosure Schedules
- Assist in the negotiation and settlement of contracts
- Manage outside counsel as required and approved and in a cost-effective manner
- Maintain logs of all legal correspondence, timesheets and expenses
- Other duties as assigned by the Board
- J.D. and membership in good standing
- Practicing attorney with active FL bar license and ability to practice law in Florida
- 12+ years of overall experience within an established law firm with 3-5 years of experience as in-house counsel (or equivalent)
- Experience working in high-growth tech company
- Adept in using technology including MS Office, timesheet systems, datarooms, and e-signature resources.
- Experience in business strategy (in particular, experience participating in discussions of business strategy and decision-making, with a willingness to weigh in on business strategy questions beyond simply providing the legal point of view)
- Experience in litigation
- Experience in raising private market equity, as well as M&A. IPO or other public market experience would be a plus.
- International business experience, and knowledge of international compliance/regulations
- Comfort with rolling up your sleeves and doing your own drafting, commenting, or other legal work
- Strong ability to turn legalese into language that everyone understands and believes in
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, holding yourself and others accountable with kindness and humility
- Impeccable written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Highly organized and able to juggle many projects at any given time
To apply for this Job : Click Here