Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $35 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 90,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon.
Job Title: General Manager, Legal
Reporting: Senior Director- Corporate Counsel and Company Secretary, India
General Manager of Legal will lead and support projects to optimize the delivery of legal services across Divisions of the company, with a focus on litigation management and contract management. The role will execute on projects that build contract management standard methodologies, enabling better contract compliance and improved service levels for customers. The incumbent is expected to safeguard our reputation by ensuring that the company strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
- Counsel business teams on broad range of legal disciplines, including commercial contracts, lease of immovable properties, business law, competition Law, IP, compliance, anti-corruption, FCPA issues, Legal Metrology compliance, regulatory matters, interacting with government officials. Preference will be given to those who have handled Customs matters ensuring ongoing compliance with local regulatory requirements.
- Handle litigation, labor issues, employee issues and advice on disciplinary actions.
- Assessing legal risk and report/escalate the same to Legal Director to facilitate business execution, while also applying effective risk management techniques.
- Liaison with local authorities both on Regulatory and other aspects and provide general legal advice to the business teams, finance, brand protection, corporate investigations.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts/documents related to the day-to-day operation of one or two BUs/divisions
- Reviewing & keeping updated on national and local legislation that may affect the semiconductor, life-scientific or material science industry
Qualification, Skills, Knowledge And Experience
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in law from a Premier Institute in India
- Should have minimum 10+ years of proven experience as an in-house lawyer in business environment
- Excellent in working knowledge on corporate laws and procedures, commercial contracts, including technology sales, distributor/agency agreements, license and services agreement, business law and competition law basics.
- Preferably experience in handling company sectarial matters, investigation into whistleblower complaints and handling high profile litigations.
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- In-house experience in a sales organization, dealing with executives and strategic customers
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyze situations and information
- Ability to effectively influence in a matrix organizational structure
- Must possess strong interpersonal, presentation, communication (verbal and written)
- Results and proactive solution driven
- Highly self-motivated with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
To apply for this Job : Click Here