Schneider Electric’s purpose is to empower all to make the most of our energy and resources, bridging progress and sustainability for all. We call this Life Is On. Our mission is to be your digital partner for Sustainability and Efficiency. We drive digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies, end-point to cloud connecting products, controls, software and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure and industries.
Key responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to
- Customers: Examination and approval of contractual and legal documents, vetting forms of agreements, contracts, sub-contracts and non-standard conditions, identifying any adverse terms to comply with Indian law and Schneider Electric Group Directives.
- Internal stakeholders: Working collaboratively within Schneider internal systems to examine and review of contractual and legal documents, obtaining approval via Schneider’s risk review procedure, negotiating and agreeing internal contracting arrangements.
- Legal and Integrity: Assisting the Legal and Compliance function in ensuring the business meets legal, regulatory, integrity and contractual obligations in a way that appropriately takes account of commercial imperatives.
- Lead and present legal review for risk reviews, engaging with all internal stakeholders.
- Identify and provide appropriate training for the Schneider Electric cross-functional teams.
- Assisting the Legal and Compliance function in training and compliance matters as required
- Lead negotiation of acceptable contract terms with clients on Schneider business opportunities, liaising with all relevant parts of the Group in the process
- Understands in detail the relative importance of different customer and product groups within Schneider Electric.
- Customers: actively engages to understand regional/local customer’s business, strategies and opportunities
- Internal stakeholders: identifies opportunities to modify internal processes, services and structures to improve the business’ ability to execute projects and customer strategies
- Legal and Compliance: develop an understanding of the regulatory environment.
- Invites input and opinions to help form specific decisions and plans
- Encourages the open expression of ideas and opinions in the group around what needs to be done
- Respects concerns and limitations of individual team members without compromising standards of performance, assigns individual responsibility
- Identifies training and knowledge requirements within team.
- Lead negotiation of acceptable contract terms with clients on business opportunities, liaising with all relevant parts of the Group in the process.
- Protecting Schneider Electric from unacceptable contractual risks and exposures.
- Reaching agreement with customers and internal stakeholders on mutually acceptable terms
- Obtaining risk review approval for projects
- Handover of contract document to project teams to ensure project teams understand the contractual obligations accepted by Schneider on their project.
- Experienced Lawyer with PQE of 12+ experience;
- Extensive experience of negotiation of large value construction or engineering contracts;
- Experience of EPC infrastructure contracts;
- Legal Analysis;
- Drafting Skills;
- Dispute resolution and negotiation skills;
- Ability to meet demanding and numerous deadlines; and
- Good team working skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels;
- Attention to detail and a well-organized approach to work;
- The ability to prioritize work and to work well under pressure;
- The capability to work with numerical information, plus analytical and problem-solving skills;
- A diplomatic approach and the confidence to provide support to high-profile company staff and board members;
- Stakeholder and Team Management skills;
- Integrity and Discretion when handling confidential information;
- A sound grasps of corporate governance issues;
- A commercial frame of mind.
To apply for this Job : Click Here