At United Breweries, we brew from the heart, bringing together natural ingredients under the perfect conditions, and transforming them into something the world loves. Our strong consumer connect and the iconicity of India’s favourite beer Kingfisher has helped us become the market leader and delight consumers. Our portfolio ranges from beer to non–alcoholic beverages, with brands such as Kingfisher Strong, Kingfisher Ultra, Heineken, Amstel, Heineken 0.0 and Radler.
Job Title: Head Legal Counsel
Locations: Unit Location – Bangalore, Karnataka
Assist the Chief & Compliance Officer (CLO) in execution of legal across litigation management, brewery/function legal advisory, regulatory filings and requirements, M&A support and land acquisition support in order to drive adherence to internal and external (e.g. SEBI, listing) laws, regulations and compliances and provide on-ground legal support to various teams at UBL.
Legal Litigation Management
- Conduct regular review of ongoing and new litigation cases and related performance indicators (for cases in the North region)
- Study case facts, evaluate court orders, draft replies and provide recommendations to either comply with the order or appeal the order
- Consult legal advisors on matters, incorporating feedback/inputs received in the litigation strategy for each case
- Brief senior counsels on various matters, to effectively prepare them for the case
- Draft replies to legal notices, and pursue the relevant legal action, in coordination with legal advisors/lawyers
Legal Business Partnering
- Support breweries and functions (HR, Sales and Marketing, SCM etc,) on navigating legal challenges, issues and cases (e.g. packaging and labeling)
- Keep abreast of developments and updates in the legal landscape across the regions of operations and partner with relevant function/department in addressing and preparing for the same
- Conduct workshops and training sessions on various legal and compliance requirements for employees across units/functions (e.g. FSSAI)
To apply for this Job : Click Here