Established in 1897, the Godrej Group has its roots in India’s Swadeshi movement. Our founder, Ardeshir Godrej, lawyer-turned-serial entrepreneur failed with a few businesses, before he struck gold with the locks business that you know today. One of India’s most trusted brands, with revenues of USD 4.1 billion, Godrej enjoys the patronage of over 750 million Indians across our consumer goods, real estate, appliances, agri and many other businesses. You think of Godrej as such an integral part of India that you may be surprised to know that over 25 per cent of our business is done overseas.
The incumbent shall be responsible for –
- Review and lead in house drafting of all transactional documents such as joint development agreement, Share Purchase Agreements, Shareholders Agreements. LLP Agreements/Deeds, Agreement to Sell, Sale Deeds, Lease Deeds, General power of Attorney as well all other contracts, agreements, Bank Guarantees etc.
- Validate the transactional documents to ensure all deals are compliant
- Review exceptions, if any to ensure that all relevant risks are adequately covered
- Perform Title due diligence of land and timely risk identification
- Review and lead in house drafting of all contracts/documentation such as application forms, allotment letter, agreement for sale, buyer’s agreement, conveyance deeds, lease deeds, all customer related documents/communications, collaboration/joint venture agreement for land development GPA, etc. timely closure of documents/agreements from legal perspective
- Lead and review in house drafting of legal notices, pleadings related to disputes/litigations
- Review of contracts/documents/RERA related support
- Lead , direct and guide a team of executives to deliver 100% on time and at quality resolution of queries and correct legal opinion with the internal teams and external lawyers, JVPs, clients, customers etc
- Ensure standardisation of all documents (like – Sales documentation, transaction documents, customer/sales communications, IT/finance documents etc) and creating repository of the same
- Lead digitisation process to create knowledge repository, which disseminates past learnings in all transactions
Experience: 10-12 Yrs (preferable from a law firm or Real Estate Industry)
- Has hands on experience in handling all types of contracts, agreements, service agreements, commercial contracts, NDA, CSR Agreements, Marketing Agreements/documents/collaterals, Bank Guarantees, service agreements and other deeds and documents and handling /negotiating for the closure of the documents
- Has experience in handling joint venture transactions independently including (a) drafting of collaborations agreements, joint development agreements, LLP Deeds, General Power of Attorneys; (b) negotiations with the opposite party for closure of transaction; and (c) Risk identification in the transaction with mitigation
- Has knowledge of land and has handled title due diligence and has complete knowledge of revenue/land records.
- Has hands on experience in handling customer related issues, including (a) drafting of application forms, allotment letters, agreement for sale, buyer’s agreements, conveyance deeds, maintenance agreements etc.; and (b) handling disputes raised by the customer
- Has hands on experience in research work. Generate a knowledge repository for updates on laws, regulations, ordinances, by- laws relating to real estate industry and make the same available to the team.
- Has hands on experience and knowledge of RERA and its implications/applicability/updates/law/documents/model formats of agreements under RERA etc.
- Experience of handling litigations
To apply f0r this Job : Click Here